Get Files from ftp which are uploaded recent week

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get Files from ftp which are uploaded recent week
# 1  
Old 09-27-2007
Get Files from ftp which are uploaded recent week

Hi All,

Here is a brief scenario for my requirement ..

There is a directory in FTP Server, where would files be uploaded on weekly basic.

I need to get those files which are uploaded during this week and not the files which are uploaded the previous week and download them to locale directory

Can anyone of you guide me how to go with this case..

If you have any script to do this, please post here...

am totally new to shell script commands and special variables like $, $1 etc..

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Madan N
# 2  
Old 09-27-2007
Hi All,

Please help me out with this ...
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Get all the files from a FTP location with previous week's dates in the file names using Linux

I have a weird requirement where I have to get the files from a FTP(Lets say FTP1) location and place it on my current FTP(Lets say FTP2) location. The issue is, these are daily files (in a pattern Sales_YYYYMMDD_report.csv) and are placed every day on FTP1 and my process usually runs on Monday(eg.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP command to get most recent file

Hello Experts... dir of FTP will list all the files in the directory. Is there any command or option of dir that will give me the most recent file only? Since I couldn't find any such thing, I thought of creating a log file (of FTP results) and work on this log file to determine the most recent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File uploaded via FTP not visible from Command Line

I am using VSFTPD on amazon web services and have a remote service that uploads files to server via FTP. The files comes through fine and when I log in via FTP client I see them. The problem is the files are supposed to be moved once uploaded but the files are not visible via command line thus the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theman0684
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i dont want files which are being uploaded 5 to 10 min ago.

i want to move files from A dir to B dir, say eg: mv *memo*.txt /scripts/memo/ but while doing this new files are being uploaded by users, i dont want files which are being uploaded 5 to 10 min ago. other wise even files which are being currently uploaded will get moved to /scripts/memo. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_mumbai
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i dont want to move files which are being uploaded 5 to 10 min ago

in /abc/jrd/ users are continuously uploading files memo*.txt i have created a memo.sh file in that i have written cd /abc/jrd/ mv memo*.txt /scripts/memo while files are being moved to this /scripts/memo users who are uploading new file are not getting fully copied i this path i want that... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

i dont want to move files which are being uploaded 5 to 10 min ago

in /abc/jrd/ users are continuously uploading files memo*.txt i have created a memo.sh file in that i have written cd /abc/jrd/ mv memo*.txt /scripts/memo while files are being moved to this /scripts/memo users who are uploading new file are not getting fully copied i this path i want that... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

PAssword protect uploaded files

Hi, Is it possible to make sure/test that all uploaded files to my FTP will be of .RAR format (that's easy) but also password protected? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saariko
0 Replies

8. AIX

script to ftp recent changed files

I am trying to write a script to ftp all files/directories changed in a 24hour period to another AIX server. I have wrote a script to generate a list of all files changed within a 24 hour period but dont know how to then ftp these to another server. How do incorporate ftp into this script? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RApds
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automate backing up uploaded files

Hi, We are running FTP Server on UNIX (Solaris 9). Users login and upload (also download) files whenever required. Now, we have to automate the process which makes a copy of every file immediately after it gets uploaded to the FTP server (by any user). I've ruled out rsync,mirror,filesync... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To keep only the most recent files

Hi all, I'm running on a Sun Solaris machine. I would only want to keep the last 2 most recent files on 1 of my directory. Below shows my script, but it is incomplete. For the ?? part I do not know how to continue. please help:confused: DIR=/tmp/abc OUTPUT=/tmp/output.out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question