sysidcfg

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sysidcfg
# 1  
Old 01-29-2002
sysidcfg

Where is this executable sysidcfg file located in Solaris?
# 2  
Old 01-29-2002
Try <I>whereis sysidcfg</I> and it will give you the path to sysidcfg.
# 3  
Old 01-29-2002
I type whereis sysidcfg and I got this

sysidcfg:

what is that mean?..where is it?
# 4  
Old 01-29-2002
That could probeply mean that either <I>whereis</I> cannot find it or the sysidcfg is not installed. You can also try <I> slocate sysidcfg </I>, slocate is builtin in linux but I don't know for solaris.
# 5  
Old 01-29-2002
I got the following result on Solaris 7:

whereis sysidcfg

blank line...

I got the following result on Solaris 8:

whereis sysidcfg

sysidcfg:

slocate does not work on Solaris...
# 6  
Old 01-29-2002
The file should be in /etc but could be anywhere. If you read the man page on sysidcfg that is what it states. If you don't have one anywhere on the system, then check out the info in the man page on sysidconfig, sys-unconfig, and sysidtool.
thehoghunter

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sysidcfg file question

Hi guys, i am studying custom jumpstart and i am confused. My question is this: If you want to jumstart several machines with different host names, can you still use the same sysidcfg file? or do you have to use make sysidcfg file for each machine? Thanks guys (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Multiple sysidcfg files on jumpstart server

Hello, I 've a jumpstart configured, its working fine .. i can build servers from this jumpstart server but i want to build 2-3 servers from the same jumpstart server simultaneously, and since i have only one sysidcfg i can only build 1 server at a time. My question is which file i shuld use for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart goes to interactive mode instead of using sysidcfg

Ever since I have started using Solaris 10 images, I have had a problem I can not find a solution for. I have a Solaris 10 image that I created from a Solaris 10 DVD. The sysidcfg file has been created and set up in the bootparams file. I have no issues in Solaris 8 or 9. In Solaris 10, the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsherry
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question