# 8  
Old 09-02-2016
Thanks for the assitance.
will try this weekend.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cpio - input files (from list) are stored in different order inside cpio archive - why?

Due to budget constraints I have to reinvent an Enterprise backup system in a SPARC (sun4v) Solaris estate (10 & 11). (yep - reinvent wheel, fun but time consuming. Is this wise?! :confused: ) For each filesystem of interest, to try to capture a 'catalog' at the front of each cpio archive (for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am115998
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cpio Restore didnt go to plan

Hello folks, one of the RAID drives in our SCO system crashed recently and being hot swap it was replaced. Problem was that on boot it stops at: Checking protected password and protected subsystem databases.... First I did #authck -a and checked /etc/auth/system/ttys as per instructions in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redstar
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to restore cpio archive to a directory

Hello Every one, I want to back up all passwd files to /xyz/passfiles.cpio and Then restore them to /abc directory. Here is what I wrote: find / -name passwd | cpio -oc > /tmp/passwd.cpio and to restore cd abc cpio -ium < /tmp/passwd.cpio I can not find the files restored to /abc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drdigital_m
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restore cpio file

Hi, under unix aix , i had to put a catostrophic patch from an editor ... i had first made a cpio backup connected root cd /application find . –print | cpio –ocvBm > /sauvegarde/sauvegarde.cpio Does someone know the command to restore my cpio backup ? thanks in advandce to everyone ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bzh35
7 Replies

5. SCO

cpio Backup and restore to spare server fails

Our company purchased a spare HP ML350 server - identical to current one in use to act as minimal downtime replacement should the inevitable happen. After install of OS 5.0.7 and restore of cpiobackup I get this message: -: Syntax error: Hostname= $inexpected The SCO licence policy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moondogi
4 Replies

6. AIX

mksysb restore - Wrong OS level for restore

Hi all, I am still working on my mksysb restore. My latest issue is during an alt_disk_install from tape I got the following error after all the data had been restored. 0505-143 alt_disk_install: Unable to match mksysb level 5.2.0 with any available boot images. Please correct this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective restore from a cpio tape archive

Hi, I use following command to restore data from my cpio tape archive: $cpio -icvd < /dev/rct0 But this'll restore all tape contents to the current path, what if I want only selected files from the tape, suppose I want /home/compdir/home2/Rev83/data/PL/01/*.* files to be restored... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpio restore - relative pathname

SCO/Caldera Unixware 711 Hi Friends, I have a cpio file which was created using relative pathnames. the relative pathname is users/data/* I want to restore these files to a different directory with cpio. An example restore directory is /home/suresh Is this possible ? Can someone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshy
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
CPIO(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   CPIO(1)

NAME
cpio - copy files to and from archives SYNOPSIS
cpio {-o|--create} [-0acvABLV] [-C bytes] [-H format] [-M message] [-O [[user@]host:]archive] [-F [[user@]host:]archive] [--file=[[user@]host:]archive] [--format=format] [--message=message] [--null] [--reset-access-time] [--verbose] [--dot] [--append] [--block-size=blocks] [--dereference] [--io-size=bytes] [--quiet] [--force-local] [--rsh-command=command] [--help] [--version] < name-list [> archive] cpio {-i|--extract} [-bcdfmnrtsuvBSV] [-C bytes] [-E file] [-H format] [-M message] [-R [user][:.][group]] [-I [[user@]host:]archive] [-F [[user@]host:]archive] [--file=[[user@]host:]archive] [--make-directories] [--nonmatching] [--preserve-modification-time] [--numeric-uid- gid] [--rename] [-t|--list] [--swap-bytes] [--swap] [--dot] [--unconditional] [--verbose] [--block-size=blocks] [--swap-halfwords] [--io- size=bytes] [--pattern-file=file] [--format=format] [--owner=[user][:.][group]] [--no-preserve-owner] [--message=message] [--force-local] [--no-absolute-filenames] [--sparse] [--only-verify-crc] [--to-stdout] [--quiet] [--rsh-command=command] [--help] [--version] [pattern...] [< archive] cpio {-p|--pass-through} [-0adlmuvLV] [-R [user][:.][group]] [--null] [--reset-access-time] [--make-directories] [--link] [--quiet] [--pre- serve-modification-time] [--unconditional] [--verbose] [--dot] [--dereference] [--owner=[user][:.][group]] [--no-preserve-owner] [--sparse] [--help] [--version] destination-directory < name-list REPORTING BUGS
Report cpio bugs to bug-cpio@gnu.org GNU cpio home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/cpio/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report cpio translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> SEE ALSO
cpio(5) DESCRIPTION
GNU cpio is fully documented in the texinfo documentation. To access the help from your command line, type info cpio The online copy of the documentation is available at the following address: http://www.gnu.org/software/cpio/manual CPIO(1)