.tcshrc file

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers .tcshrc file
# 1  
Old 11-06-2008
.tcshrc file

i need to customize my .tschrc file but i cant get tcsh to work. can someone just provide me with all the default text thats in the file?

thanks
# 2  
Old 11-07-2008
The default is the file /etc/csh.cshrc, and /etc/csh.login if it is a login shell. A .tcshrc in your home directory is entirely optional.
# 3  
Old 11-07-2008
Modifying your .tcshrc file

And next time no duplicates (double posting... I removed the other one...)
Follow the rules:
https://www.unix.com/misc.php?do=cfrules

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between .login, .tcshrc ,.profile

Could you please explain me what is the difference between .login, .tcshrc ,.profile file . Can I keep .tcshrc file in two different location .Actually my problem is I have one server in which another server is mounted so I have two programs which refers to two different versions of java and I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question