OID for Bandwith and Throughput Measurement

Special Forums IP Networking OID for Bandwith and Throughput Measurement
# 1  
Old 04-24-2012
OID for Bandwith and Throughput Measurement

Hey Guys,

Does anybody know, which OID's of Net-SNMP is used to collect throughput and bandwith usage of machine??

I got these OID's

..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets

..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets

Is that for throughput or bandwith???

Thanks in advance..
# 2  
Old 05-04-2012
NMS like NetXMS(OpenSource) and ManageEngine

Generally when you fetch "counter" OID then NMS provide you functionality for representation of its value. Representation mode can be either absolute, gauge, TPS, etc.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Interface card using a lot of bandwith

I have system which is using a lot of bandwidth and this is not a big problem, but how do you troubleshoot this issue? How can I find out which connections are made for one interface card, there are about 5 on this system and I can see how much traffic is going through one interface, but I need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterx12345
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

SNMP OID for Network Utilization measurement

Hi everyone, I've just copied a snmpget script from somewhere. This script is basically used to collect basic router information. Ex: syscontact,syslocation,etc. And I want to extend the script to be able to collect some network information and utilization of some machines ex: bandwith usage,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sysedge SNMP OID

I'll preface this by saying I'm just a novice, with just basic knowledge of shell scripting, as well as basic knowledge in SNMP. I working on a script that takes the motd file on a solaris 5.x box and parses the information out into an OID to be passed to the SNMP server. We're using SysEDGE client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsoper1
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Interface bandwith utilization in Mbps

Hi Experts, I want to plot graph for interface traffic of redhat machine. I am having hard time finding where to start. Any tools ? i found this php script which prints bytes send / received. but i need something which can give me value as mbps or kbps. If can can get output from some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to improve throughput?

I have a 10Gbps network link connecting two machines A and B. I want to transfer 20GB data from A to B using TCP. With default setting, I can use 50% bandwidth. How to improve the throughput? Is there any way to make throughput as close to 10Gbps as possible? thanks~ :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewust
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Gigabit Link throughput

As a rule of thumb in doing calculations, what figure would you use in Mbytes/sec? I know the answer varies grealty on the topolgy of the network but I wonde what newteok engineers use a rough rule of thumb? Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debd
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tool to monitor throughput

Was wonder if there was a tool or program I could run to measure throughput on our CentoS 4.x server. Our current dedicated host provider is charging us by how much throughput we are using and I just want to see if their numbers add up to whatever I get using a throughput tool of some kind. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

network bandwith for oracle

Hi, we should size our network (LAN and WAN) bandwidth regarding Oracle database and Oracle Applications that we will install. how to determine Bandwidth ? What is the relation between number of users, number of transactions and bandwidth ? Any Oracle documentation ? Please ? Many thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

9. Programming

time measurement

I have a bottleneck in one of my applications...I have a loop that goes through a few thousand interations, but does quite a few things (digs info out of a database, sends the data to another application, etc...). I want to put in some debugging to determine what function calls are taking the most... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance measurement of Code

I hope I am posting the query at right place.. I have the project running as 32 bit application on Solaris 8. I want to port this to 64Bit application. Before I start this process, I would like to compare the performance of a sample code running as 32Bit/64 Bit executables on a 64 bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_sapre
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question