How to disable TLS 1.0 support in Solaris

Special Forums Cybersecurity How to disable TLS 1.0 support in Solaris
# 1  
Old 06-26-2012
How to disable TLS 1.0 support in Solaris

Hey Guys,
I have a couple servers that are getting flagged by by our network security team. How do I disable TLS 1.0 protocol within Solaris? The vulnerability is :

CVE-2011-3389
TLS-SSL Server Blockwise Chosen-Boundary Browser Weakness
# 2  
Old 06-26-2012
It looks like Oracle says that this is a Java issue (JDK and JRE 7, 6 Update 27 and before, 5.0 Update 31 and before, 1.4.2_33 and before. JRockit R28.1.4 and before). Oracle says if your Java level is higher then the version above, your good. If not patch Java.

ref: Oracle Java Critical Patch Update - October 2011

If you don't need Java remove it.
# 3  
Old 08-08-2012
TLS is used by a multiplicty (or can be) of services. Was this for your Apache2 server? What does your SSLProtocol line look like? You can turn off all but SSLv2 with:

Code:
SSLProtocol -all +SSLv2
SSLCipherSuite SSLv2:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+EXP

Cheers,

Keith Duffin
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to configure CUPS on Solaris 11.3 - TLS and no TLS?

We are implementing CUPS on a new Solaris 11.3 system. The same system will run an application where users can print to networked printers inside our organisation, or to a printer outside of our organisation over the internet. For users printing to internal network printers, no encryption is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SallyB
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't disable CPU in Solaris

hello all i have an issue about a solaris V440 cpu, im logged in the Ok prompt i can't disable a CPU3, i can't see it in dev list, i see only the cpu3-bank0 to cpu-bank4 please help me to disable it thank youuu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidadam
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I disable a core(or more) while boot up in Solaris 10?

Hi, I have 4 cores in my PC. I know how to disable a core using psradm -f command after boot up. But I want to disable while boot up (permanently). 1) I want only 1 core. How to disable all other cores while boot up? 2) I need to disable 2 cores. How to disable all other cores while boot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejesh
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 11 disable IPv6

I've new installed Solaris 11 on Sparc T4-1. I'd like to disable IPv6 but with no luck. lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 net0: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

HOW TO DISABLE SSL/TLS RENEGOTIATION?

Hi guys, Those who work on Apache may help me on this. I have following problem Description: The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and permits clients to renegotiate connections. The computational requirements for renegotiating a connection are asymmetrical between the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Disable all the logs in Solaris

Hi Is there anyway to disable all logs/logging (lastlog, sulog, messages etc.) in Solaris 9&10? I know this is not recommended but i just want to know if this is possible. TIA Reddy (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
8 Replies

8. Solaris

disable telnet on Solaris

All - would you please some one help me to disable telnet on Solaris? /etc/inetd.conf Thanks :confused: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: March_2007
11 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question