How to add a new sheet or a new tab in a csv file?

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to add a new sheet or a new tab in a csv file?
# 1  
Old 07-27-2013
How to add a new sheet or a new tab in a csv file?

Hi All,

I woulk like thanks to all of you for your instant support. I am again in a trouble so move to here for solution. I want to add a new sheet or a new tab in a csv file means a singly csv file having two or more sheets. Please help me any help towards this should highly be appreciated.

Input file is: in.csv with only one sheet or tab named as first

Output file : in.csv with 2 sheets or tabs lets say first and second.SmilieSmilieSmilie
# 2  
Old 07-27-2013
Its not possible in csv file to have 2 sheets.
This User Gave Thanks to Showdown For This Post:
# 3  
Old 07-27-2013
Worksheet is a feature available in spreadsheet file formats.

Take a look at Spreadsheet-WriteExcel perl module.
This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:
# 4  
Old 07-27-2013
1 csv = 1 table = 1 sheet
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to Dump data into CSV file which is Separate by <tab>?

Dear Team, please help me to solve this problem using Linux command. I want to dump this data into an excel sheet, Suppose I have a string like: ABC PQR XYZ ASD then I expect output as a ABC XYZ PQR ASD (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shubham1182
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert space&tab delimited file to CSV?

Hello, I have a text file with space and tab (mixed) delimited file and need to convert into CSV. # cat test.txt /dev/rmt/tsmmt32 HP Ultrium 6-SCSI J3LZ 50:03:08:c0:02:72:c0:b5 F00272C0B5 0/0/6/1/1.145.17.255.0.0.0 /dev/rmt/c102t0d0BEST /dev/rmt/tsmmt37 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding tab to excel sheet with shell script

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Data from CSV file to Excel Sheet using Perl

Hi All, Firstly I will like to wish A Happy New Year to all. Now my issue is I have one csv file say(data.csv) and one excel file say(result.xls) The result.xls contains two sheet name Sheet1 and Sheet2, Now What I am trying to do is to First I want to delete that data of Sheet2 if present any,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Excel/CSV file - More than one tab

Hi All, Following is my requirement. I have searched the site and found some threads which has same queries, but non of them have any answer. I thought of posting it once more. We are generating different reports through shell script after we finish our data load. Currently there are 7 such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail a csv file as an excel sheet!

Hi, The result of a script is a csv file in the following format: cat $file_name DATA_USAGE_FACT,YES_NO_FLG,TARGET_TABLE,YES_NO_FLG,1,0,15,0 DATA_USAGE_FACT,DATE_OF_CREATION,TARGET_TABLE,DATE_OF_CREATION,29,9,19,0 DATA_USAGE_FACT,UPDATION_DATE,TARGET_TABLE,UPDATION_DATE,29,9,19,0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in attaching the csv sheet in alerts

Hi Experts, An automation of Unprocessed data(oracle rows) table where a shell script is written to check if there are any records inserted into the table on daily basis. Whenever rows passed into this table on a particular day, there will be a time where the script can be scheduled around 7:00 am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: defendersubbu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Tab to excel Sheet

Hi, I have 2 sets of data in two different files,say f1 and f2. I want to create a excel sheet with two tabs whose names will be set at run time(different from excel name) in a shell script, and the data will be written into those two tabs at run time.Any command in UNIX doing so? I am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kishore_1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert tab delimited file to .csv file

Hi, Can any one please help me in converting a tab delimited file in .csv file. Records in my file are similar to mentioned below: DET 001 0201 AC032508970 01478E1X8 DET 002 0202 AC032508971 01478E1X8 Could any one please suggest me what approach would be more suitable for this or if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtidke
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert csv into special sheet of excel

Hi, I need a script that can insert csv file into the special sheet of excel (other sheets in this excel include charts which use data of the special sheet). Could you help me please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elena
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question