bdf -h in AIX server

Operating Systems AIX bdf -h in AIX server
# 1  
Old 08-07-2009
bdf -h in AIX server

Previously i was using bdf -h in Solaris server. Now i have moved to AIX server and i would like to know equialent to "bdf -h" in AIX server.

Please help me. Thanks in Advance. I am expecting output as below

Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on
/dev/vx/dsk/vg04/t1 11G 9.9G 1.3G 89% /u01
/dev/vx/dsk/vg05/t2 4.7G 1.4G 3.0G 33% /sas

---------- Post updated at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:15 AM ----------

It is very urgent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
# 2  
Old 08-07-2009
I could only find bdf for HP-UX on Rosetta Stone for Unix which might be a little help for searching equivalent commands on other Unix'es for you generally.

I would stick to simple df -g.
df is available on all Unix'es and Linux'es so maybe stick to it to be more portable/versatile. I see nothing special on bfd's output why to stick with it given your output.
# 3  
Old 08-07-2009
Thank you so much for your reply. is there any way we get as Solaris.

bdf -h on Solaris

Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on
/dev/vx/dsk/vg04/t1 11G 9.9G 1.3G 89% /u01
/dev/vx/dsk/vg05/t2 4.7G 1.4G 3.0G 33% /sas

df -g in AIX

Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on
/dev/hd4 1.00 0.95 6% 3834 2% /
/dev/hd2 6.88 3.24 53% 58201 8% /usr
# 4  
Old 08-07-2009
To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags [code] and [/code] by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

Maybe have a look in the man page for df options for the things you are missing.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to ssh from an AIX OS server to a Fabric OS server without password?

Hi I'd like to ssh from an AIX OS server ( v5.3) to a Fabric OS server ( v6.1.2 ) without password. I tried using dsa or rsa keys but it didn't work, the aix server still asked for the password. Somebody help, please :(:(:( (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies

2. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Bdf in HP-UX

Hi guys, I have to make an output of several databases we've got running on our system with the command bdf. This has to be done every 3 months. I want to put it in an scriptfile and trigger it in crontab. In the output it must display the differences in diskspace between these three monts. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djmental
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

bdf hangs

hi, bdf command hangs but before it, it lists all the fstab content, so i cannot find the reason... could anybody give me any clue?? thanks a lot for your attention. regards Pablo i attach syslog Jan 14 16:30:00 sv23 vmunix: hp_dlpi_wput:Received an unrecognized primitive: 101d... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bdf output

Here is my bdf output #bdf Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 2097152 217112 1865424 10% / /dev/vg00/lvol1 1835008 329040 1494288 18% /stand /dev/vg00/lvol7 10485760 7864080 2601240 75% /var /dev/vg00/lvol8 8454144 486597 7469647 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_renu
5 Replies

7. AIX

Transferring files from one AIX server to another AIX server in binary mode

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX. We have 2 AIX5.3 servers in our environment, I need to transfer some files in Binary mode from one server to another and some files in ASCII mode from one server to another server. Could you please help me as to how I need to do that? Thanks, Rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshc.apps
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bdf question

Hi all i am working on script which uses "bdf" output to create excel sheet now when i check "Total" "Used" & "Available" i found that except root everywhere used + available != total here is example : part from bdf output : filesystem-total-used-available-%used-Mounted on ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

df and bdf discrepencies

I've recently had some space problems on one of our old HP9000 machines. I archived/moved/compressed/trashed some stuff to free up some space on one rather large (and important) logical volume. As one would expect, when `df -b` is executed some space is shown as free: /opt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BDF test for > 90%

I am trying to write a script that will allow me to do a bdf then do a test for a percentage that is 90% or greater. If the test is true then i want to send a message to myself and one other person. Any suggestions ? ? ? Thanks. ....svp (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: svp4444
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question