Whats Behind Your Name?

The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Whats Behind Your Name?
# 43  
Old 05-24-2005
I am a garbage.
And not only a garbage, but the king of the garbage aka GarbageKing.
Thanks.
# 44  
Old 06-06-2005
Mine comes from one of a pair of robots I worked on, they were called reborg and zebo and as a result myself and colleague on the project became known as reborg and zebo after the robot whith which each of us worked on most, and it just stuck.
# 45  
Old 06-08-2005
Computer rfmurphy_6

My name is Ralph F. Murphy and it was taken all the way out to rfmurphy_6.

There are rfmurphy_1 thru rfmurphy_5 and I am the sixth. Smilie

I couldn't beleive it either at first I was pretty Smilie

now I'm Smilie There are more of me out there some where. Smilie
# 46  
Old 06-20-2005
Mine is from one of my favourite author named Italo Calvino from Italy. QFWFQ is the name of the main character in a book called COSMICOMIC... excellent, you should read it.
# 47  
Old 06-22-2005
well Pai is my last name . and D is first Initial ..
THat was my nick in school
# 48  
Old 06-23-2005
Computer Obvious

I would think my nick would be obvious.

;
# 49  
Old 06-25-2005
I am a car guy, and into racing. Years ago I bought a 1998 Camaro Z28 that had a somewhat special option called "1LE". I registered on a several Internet message boards with this name, and even though I sold the car 3 years ago, I still use this screen name.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

Whats wrong with the following

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: ls -ld htdocs drwxr-x--- 3 root root 8192 2006-11-19 10:41 htdocs How would a host administrator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Larry_1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

whats wrong with this?

can anyone tell me why this code doesn't work how its supposed to, its the hangman game but it doesn't play how its supposed to #!/bin/bash NoAttempts="0" livesgiven="5" LivesRemain=$livesgiven LettersAttempted="" wordfile=words numwords=0 function menu() { clear cat << menu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ferrycorsten73
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

##*_ - whats this?

Hi all, could you please tell me whats this stands ##*_ 0##*/ i knew this alone if some more is there please tell me that also. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats this NAME=${0##*/}

hi all, i found NAME=${0##*/} in a script. i given this coomand in my unix box(presently in ksh). echo ${0##*/} it returned ksh. the purpose of the above is to return the shell name or more than that. do you have any more information like this, please share with me. one more query... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tell me whats wrong with this

#! /bin/bash USAGE=" | ] if then echo "$USAGE" exit 1 fi while getopts lb: OPTION do case $(OPTION)in a) echo Hi there! exit 2;; b) echo hello o) OARG=$OPTARG;; \?)echo "$USAGE" ;; exit 2;; esac done shift `expr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadman123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tell me whats wrong in this?

#! /bin/bash head -5 $1 echo "remove $1 ?" read answer if then echo invalid answer elif rm $1 echo "$1 is deleted" elif then echo file is not deleted else echo "invalid answer" fi What i really want this to do is to ask to delete the file or not..it says something wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadman123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats the difference between $* and $@

Hi, whats the difference between $* and $@ in command line arguments to a shell scripts (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
3 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Whats the go?

woofie, Your posts are being deleted because your use of profanity. I am close to changing your status to read only. In fact, if you argue with the mods again, I will ban you from these boards. Neo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats does this mean

Found this piece of code written in ksh. I have no ideas what do the stuff like ${SRF##*\.} do. SUFFIX=${SRF##*\.} if ; then SUFFIX="" fi I have encountered similar expressions in other programs also. Any pointers on where to learn more about these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question