Pid=0

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Pid=0
# 1  
Old 05-06-2005
Pid=0

What OS does not use PID=0? is it FreeBSD?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pid=$!

Hello, I would like to know what this command means? PID=$! what does "!" stand for? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: googlietdr
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PID value

name the process wit PID value 0? swapper or scheduler or both.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_g
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another PID ?

I have searched to find an anwer to no avail, I hope you can help me. I have a.ksh that many people call and a.ksh calls b.ksh b.ksh is also invoked stand-alone by many people as well In b.ksh I want to do something different if it was not involked by a.ksh. How can I do this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAGIRL
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get pid

Hello people, This question might seem to be a little naive but here it goes: I want to know the PID of a script that is running in the background. eg: There is a script called Data_Downloader.sh I am using the command: ps -ef | grep Data_Downloader.sh But I am getting the output as wrkarea... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajat
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KILL PID, intern should kill another PID.

Hi All, In my project i have two process runs in the back end. Once i start my project, and execute the command ps, i get below output: PID TTY TIME CMD 9086 pts/1 0:00 ksh 9241 pts/1 0:02 java 9240 pts/1 0:00 shell_script_bg java with 9241 PID is the main... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session PID & socket connection pid

1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection? 2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting PID

Hi , I am trying to get the PID using the following command: $ /usr/ucb/ps -auwwwwx | grep java | grep Proceess | ptree PID or $ /usr/ucb/ps -auwwwwx | grep java | grep Proceess;ptree PID it is possible to get PID, such that I check whether any orphan process is running. solution... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Bhat
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get PID only

The below command returns full line.How can i get only PID from this line ie 15794 from the below example (FI NY) nbswpsa52.ny.ficc.gs.com~ ->ps -ef | grep keepalive | grep -v keepaliveStub | grep -v swapback | grep -v grep ficctprd 15794 1 0 13:12:58 ? 0:01 keepalive (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
3 Replies

10. Programming

printing ppid,child pid,pid

question: for the below program i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086 but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two! can someone comment on that! #include<stdio.h> #define DIM 8 int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
erl_boot_server(3erl)					     Erlang Module Definition					     erl_boot_server(3erl)

NAME
erl_boot_server - Boot Server for Other Erlang Machines DESCRIPTION
This server is used to assist diskless Erlang nodes which fetch all Erlang code from another machine. This server is used to fetch all code, including the start script, if an Erlang runtime system is started with the -loader inet command line flag. All hosts specified with the -hosts Host command line flag must have one instance of this server running. This server can be started with the kernel configuration parameter start_boot_server . The erl_boot_server can both read regular files as well as files in archives. See code(3erl) and erl_prim_loader(3erl) . Warning: The support for loading of code from archive files is experimental. The sole purpose of releasing it before it is ready is to obtain early feedback. The file format, semantics, interfaces etc. may be changed in a future release. EXPORTS
start(Slaves) -> {ok, Pid} | {error, What} Types Slaves = [Host] Host = atom() Pid = pid() What = term() Starts the boot server. Slaves is a list of IP addresses for hosts which are allowed to use this server as a boot server. start_link(Slaves) -> {ok, Pid} | {error, What} Types Slaves = [Host] Host = atom() Pid = pid() What = term()() Starts the boot server and links to the caller. This function is used to start the server if it is included in a supervision tree. add_slave(Slave) -> ok | {error, What} Types Slave = Host Host = atom() What = term() Adds a Slave node to the list of allowed slave hosts. delete_slave(Slave) -> ok | {error, What} Types Slave = Host Host = atom() What = void() Deletes a Slave node from the list of allowed slave hosts. which_slaves() -> Slaves Types Slaves = [Host] Host = atom() Returns the current list of allowed slave hosts. SEE ALSO
init(3erl) , erl_prim_loader(3erl) Ericsson AB kernel 2.14.3 erl_boot_server(3erl)