Shell script to be run every one hour

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to be run every one hour
# 1  
Old 07-28-2014
Shell script to be run every one hour

How can we run shell script every one hour.
Anyone having code unit for this?
# 2  
Old 07-28-2014
Hi,

You can schedule the script on crontab.

Code:
00 * * * * <script_name> <command>

Thanks,
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run ping command every hour in backgrond

Hi, I have a VPN tunnel. It is going down occasionally. I need to run "/usr/sbin/ping 172.xx.xx.xx.xx" and it give mes output "172.xx.xx.xx is alive" and immediately after that VPN tunnel comes up. Till we find permanent solution, I want this command to run in background, like every one hour.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the script continously but mail once in 1 hour

Hi, I have a script written for monitoring the queue manager status continously. below is the script. QMGR=`dspmq | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | cut -f1 -d ")"` QMSTATUS=`dspmq | awk '{print $2}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | cut -f1 -d ")"` count=`dspmq | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a process continuously for an hour then stop?

Hi I have a shell script I would like to run it has to run twice a day every 5 seconds for an hour I can do this with cron but I was hoping there was an easier way. Is there a way to make a process sleep only at a certain time of day say between 1 and 2 pm? Or under certain conditions? Any help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a job for every one hour and ...

Hi, Someone please help me to run the script to maintain a Job: Which can be run for every one hour and should maintain the last two hours files only. It should delete the rest of the files in a dir. Please suggest me with the sample script. Thanks !! Reagrds, Rama (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramagore85
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically every 12 hour once?

Hi ! all, I have once script to remove temporary cache and temporary xml files looks like this, as it is taking more space, I would like to run automatically every 12 hour once, and then I want to receive some log as acknowledgement #!/bin/sh echo "Removing logs and temp files (typically... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Run a job every hour without using crontab

Hi, Can anyone help me in finding how to run a specific job every hour without using crontab. Say for example i need to run a command ps -aux in the starting of every hour.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: glv
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor file generation for an hour using Korn shell script

Hi, I am new to this unix scripting, I got a requirement like.. Files with *.XML extension will be generating in a /home/sample/ folder for every 15 mins. I need to monitor those files in that particular folder for every hour. If no file has been generated in that particular folder for an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on the hour but only for 30mins

Hi All, I want to run a script on the hour during a 24 - hour period; easy enough cron will take care of that..however I want the script to only run for only 30mins.. so with the script it knows its 30mins are up so exits. any ideas? Any help, greatly appericated. Thanking you all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question