Urgent. Script to identify child jobs in autosys recursively

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Urgent. Script to identify child jobs in autosys recursively
# 1  
Old 07-12-2016
Tools Urgent. Script to identify child jobs in autosys recursively

I have been working on to neatly present the job dependency lineage in autosys through ksh/perl and I am having trouble in recursively finding the dependency.
it will be great if anyone could share their thoughts on this.
# 2  
Old 07-12-2016
Hi,
Can you try job_depends command of autosys ?
Thanks
Pravin
This User Gave Thanks to pravin27 For This Post:
# 3  
Old 07-12-2016
Everyone at the UNIX and Linux Forums gives their best effort to reply to all questions in a timely manner. For this reason, posting questions with subjects like "Urgent!" or "Emergency" and demanding a fast reply are not permitted in the regular forums.

For members who want a higher visibility to their questions, we suggest you post in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Forum. This forum is given a higher priority than our regular forums.

Posting a new question in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Forum requires forum Bits. We monitor this forum to help people with emergencies, but we do not not guarantee response time or best answers. However, we will treat your post with a higher priority and give our best efforts to help you.

If you have posted a question in the regular forum with a subject "Urgent" "Emergency" or similar idea, we will, more-than-likely, close your thread and post this reply, redirecting you to the proper forum.

Of course, you can always post a descriptive subject text, remove words like "Urgent" etc. (from your subject and post) and post in the regular forums at any time.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Identifying child jobs in autosys recursively.

I have been working on to neatly present the job dependency lineage in autosys through ksh/perl and I am having trouble in recursively finding the dependency. it will be great if anyone could share their thoughts on this.? I know that job_depends in autosys will help me give first level of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vhunt
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Refresh the jobs in Autosys Scheduler

Can anyone please tell me how to refresh the jobs in Autosys Scheduler? ---------- Post updated at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:18 PM ---------- I need a command to refresh it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to recursively run Autosys Box with diff params

Hi all, Does any body know how to recursively run a Autosys Box with different parameters ? For ex: I have a master autosys box that needs to run for JAN 2011, then FEB 2011 .... DEC 2011. FYI, each monthly execution runs for about a day. Is there a way to automate this so that my master... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys jobs

Hi, I have a script that take one parameter as an input. for example: ./clean.sh <foldername> There are 7 different folder names that we can provide to my script and my script would delete the contents of that folder that was passed as an argument. Inorder to have this script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutually Exclusive Autosys jobs

Hi I have 2 autosys jobs (JobA and JobB) both are in different boxes but part of one big box. I want to make them mutually exclusive so that when JobA is running then JobB should not run and wait for jobA to finish/fail/terminate and vice versa. Both jobs have their own starting conditions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SPJ47
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list the Autosys jobs thats in failure status using Shell Script

Hello There, I am pretty much new to Shell Scripting and also to AutoSys. I would like to know how to list the Autosys jobs in FA status using shell scripting. I would like to get an email alert as and when any Autosys job fails. Also, it should give the path of the Log file. Could you please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: supragna
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list the Autosys jobs thats in failure status using Shell Script

hello There, I am pretty much new to Shell Scripting and also to AutoSys. I would like to know how to list the Autosys jobs in FA status using shell scripting. I would like to get an email alert as and when any Autosys job fails. Also, it should give the path of the Log file. Could you please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: supragna
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeated execution of Autosys Jobs

post deleted ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Data469
2 Replies

9. Solaris

identify the child shell

how can we identify which child shell being created by the sh command. Is it necessary that the child shell created will be the same as parent shell or it may be different. How can we change this setting? please help Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arpit_narula
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching Status for 2 Autosys jobs

I need to search for a failed status of 2 autosys jobs which write to the same logfile. Is there any way to do that on one line? I already know the following doesn't work, but is there a way to get it to work, or will I have to do a loop? RUN_STATUS=autorep -J jobname jobname if then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tekster757
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question