What do I need to start PHP programming and web design?

Top Forums Web Development What do I need to start PHP programming and web design?
# 1  
Old 05-19-2011
What do I need to start PHP programming and web design?

I have a website and I am thinking of slowly making small mods to it and learn through tutorials along the way. To start using PHP where do I start?

Should I use dreamweaver? or do I need a PHP program that will allow me to access and edit the code? My websites programmed in cakephp. I want to make some joomla templates as well but i will ask later this question.

Last edited by Scott; 08-29-2011 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: Removed spam signature
# 2  
Old 05-19-2011
If you programmed your websites with cakephp, then I wonder why you ask how to start programming php. Either you did not program your websites yourself or... I don't get it.

There are tons of tutorials on the web for every language for beginners and advanced users which can be easily found by your favourite search engine.

Maybe be more precise in what you are looking for so it will be easier for people to answer your questions.
# 3  
Old 05-23-2011
Hello Anna,

As you have mentioned that site is in cakephp in that case i will suggest you hire a php programmer for that. because to start php initail you have to start with basic php function after that classes modules and structure. cake php is a frmaework so in my opinion hire a php programmer.

Thanks
Smilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Hussie
I have a website and I am thinking of slowly making small mods to it and learn through tutorials along the way. To start using PHP where do I start?

Should I use dreamweaver? or do I need a PHP program that will allow me to access and edit the code? My websites programmed in cakephp
# 4  
Old 07-27-2011
If you use Joomla as CMS, you would know you don't need to be developer, only integrator. Basics knlowledge in HTML/CSS/Javascript will be useful. Not more.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

[Web Design] Slideshow Layering

I designed a website with a slideshow (slideshow created with WOW Slider). The slideshow always appears as being on the top layer, and I don't want it that way. You'll notice I have a fixed menu which always stays at the top of the page. When you scroll down the page the slideshow appears to be on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: minnawanda
1 Replies

2. Web Development

What are web design programming steps starting with HTML?

I'm studying web design and I would like to know the stages to knowing what you will ultimately need to know when entering this profession. With HTML being the step one and the basics, to I think XHTML and Css, being two, what's next? JavaScript? MySQL? Can some one provide an ordered list of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
5 Replies

3. Web Development

How much should you charge for web design & programming?

Need some idea of what I should charge, per hour or per project, for a 3-4 page site that I design & program (HTML, CSS, & PHP). No databases involved. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Programming

Where do i start with Web Development?

Im completely new to programming and dont really know much about it. I want to start learning about Web Development but i have no idea where to start. Any suggestions? (3 Replies)
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question