ksh script to test max number of parallel ssh connections

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh script to test max number of parallel ssh connections
# 1  
Old 02-18-2013
ksh script to test max number of parallel ssh connections

hello ,

I need to check how many parallel ssh connections my server can take the load of.
I need to login to different host which i am planning to read from a file and then a write a loop which will do parallel ssh.

Please provide suggestion on how i can write script for the same.\

Thank you.
# 2  
Old 02-18-2013
based on the ssh-key based authentication is setup between hosts,

Code:
cat $HOSTSFILE|while read  remhost
do
echo "Going for $remhost"
ssh $remhost ls &
done

Please note that this is sequential login to all systems , I have put the ssh command in background so that you get all sessions running in background immediately which in trun depends upon the command that you will run from within the SSH
regds,
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script in a loop with max number of threads

hi guys. i have a question for you i have a one file and inside this file there are 1000 lines and each line is a linux command running this commands takes long time so i want to create one bash script and run this lines in a loop with max number of threads for example i want to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avtaritet
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ssh ksh script

Hi, I am trying to figure out a ksh script that i have and i think i found it but not sure. i am having to scp or sftp files from my remote server over 2 others to the destination. i have the rsa keys setup for the servers on my end and the username and password for the final server. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksh_beginner
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to test 100 ssh connections in parallel using loop and sleep? How to do that ?

Hello All, I want to test how much parallel ssh connections can be done on a server. I am thinking of reading username and hostname from a file and then using a loop (may be for) to do ssh on different host. Could anyone suggest me how can i write the script for the above. Thank you in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABHIKORIA
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to test for the ssh exit status in script?

Hello; I regularly run monitoring scripts over ssh to monitoring scripts But whenever a server is hung or in maintenance mode, my script hangs.. Are there anyways to trap exit status and be on my way ?? Looked at the ssh manpage and all I can see is a "-q" option for quiet mode .. Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
2 Replies

5. Solaris

I want to test max process on my system

Hi,everybody Please someone suggest me for test max process on system my system is Solaris 10/9 installed on HP DL380G6 . My point of project is test max process ,max user untill systemdown .however i have batch script telnet from pc to host about 500 window per pc ( i have pc 9 unit ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infjustice
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to test max number of tcp connections

Hello, I wanna test max tcp connection value. Please suggest how to do that. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstoychev
2 Replies

7. AIX

Show number of SSH connections

I'm investigating an issue where rsync's to an AIX server will sometimes fail. I suspect the problem might be due to the number of simultaneous SSH connections being made to the host dropping the rsync attempts. I'd like to view the number of open ssh connections. The who command will list logged... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indiana_tas
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

max connections aix

Sir's, the problem is i have script and 1 user in different 30 servers that ssh to our main server at the same time. Then after that may account automatically locked. I dont know what is the reason, is it the max connection of 1 user using ssh. Pls help. How to fix this. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max numer of connections per sshd

Hi people, How many ssh or scp connections will an sshd process allow to conenct? I'm hoping this is an easy question. Linux 2.6.16.21-0.8-smp x86_64 GNU/Linux I have a Linux server that has spawned 34 sshd processes, thought this doesn't seem to be enough. The server is used for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Scripts - Processes, CPU, Max. Connections

Hi all, Can any one please tell me how to find these in Unix (Commands) 1. Too many processes connected to the server. 2. High Utilization of CPU. 3. Maximum Number of connections with the database. OS: Sun Solaris 5.8 DB : Oracle 10g Thanks and Regards, Prashanth (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashanth_gs
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question