Slow sftp on one node of RAC cluster

Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Slow sftp on one node of RAC cluster
# 1  
Old 10-28-2009
Slow sftp on one node of RAC cluster

I have a three node Oracle RAC cluster on RHEL4u7. User is using sftp to move files and the process works well on 2 of the three nodes. The other remaining node takes forever. I have gone through the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg files and everything seems to be configured correctly.

Has anyone seen a similar problem and I wouuld appreciate help in solving this.
Thanks

---------- Post updated at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:48 PM ----------

sftp not dftp - Sorry for the confusion. I will learn to type and proof read.

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 10-28-2009 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: fixed typo
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cluster node not starting

Setting up HACMP 6.1 on a two node cluster. The other node works fine and can start properly on STABLE state (VGs varied, FS mounted, Service IP aliased). However, the other node is always stuck on ST_JOINING state. Its taking forever and you can't stop the cluster as well or recover from script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
2 Replies

2. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle RAC Cluster on RedHat Linux, Node eviction

We have 2 node Oracle RAC Cluster. It is running RHEL 5 (2.6.18-92.1.10.el5PAE) Hardware is HP DL360 We have node eviction issue, Oracle evicts node. It is not very consistent. Oracle has looked all log files and said this is not Oracle issue but rather system or os issue. Server does not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Node can't join cluster

Need help guys! when running cmrunnode batch i'm getting this error cmrunnode : Waiting for cluster to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tris
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The other node name of a SUN cluster

Hello, Under ksh I have to run a script on one of the nodes of a Solaris 8 cluster which at some time must execute a command on the alternate node: # rsh <name> "command" I have to implement this script on all the clusters of my company (a lot of...). Fortunately, the names of the two nodes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: heartwork
11 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
cmhaltnode(1m)															    cmhaltnode(1m)

NAME
cmhaltnode - halt a node in a high availability cluster SYNOPSIS
cmhaltnode [-f] [-v] [-t] [node_name...] DESCRIPTION
cmhaltnode causes a node to halt its cluster daemon and remove itself from the existing cluster. To halt cluster on the node, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configu- ration file. See access policy in cmquerycl. When cmhaltnode is run on a node, the cluster daemon is halted and, optionally, all packages that were running on that node are moved to other nodes if possible. If node_name is not specified, the cluster daemon running on the local node will be halted and removed from the existing cluster. If you issue this command while a cluster is still in the process of forming, the command will fail with the message "Unable to connect to daemon." If this happens, wait for the cluster to form successfully, then issue the command again. Options cmhaltnode supports the following options: -f Force the node to halt even if there are packages or group members running on it. The group members on the node will be terminated. The halt scripts for all packages running on the node will be run; based on priority or dependency relation- ships, this may affect packages on other nodes. In other words, packages on other nodes may either start or halt based on this package halting. If the package configuration and current cluster membership permit, and if the package halt script succeeds, the packages will be started on other nodes. Without this option, if packages are running on the given node, the command will fail. If a package fails to halt, the node halt will also fail. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -t Test only. Provide an assessment of the package placement without affecting the current state of the nodes or packages. This option validates the node's eligibility with respect to the package dependencies as well as the external dependencies such as EMS resources, package subnets, and storage before predicting any package placement decisions. If there is a pack- age in maintenance mode running on the nodes being halted, the package will always be halted and not failover to another node; the report will not display an assessment for that package. node_name... The name of the node(s) to halt. RETURN VALUE
cmhaltnode returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Halt the cluster daemon on two other nodes: cmhaltnode node2 node3 AUTHOR
cmhaltnode was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmquerycl(1m), cmhaltcl(1m), cmruncl(1m), cmrunnode(1m), cmviewcl(1m), cmeval(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmhaltnode(1m)