multiple files opened in awk

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting multiple files opened in awk
# 1  
Old 07-18-2006
multiple files opened in awk

Hi ,
i' d like to use an awk script to automate the ripping of cds : here's how it works :

- i first create a file named songs.txt containing the name of the songs
- the scripts extracts the tracks of a cd with cdparanoia
- the scripts saves the contents of the dir with ls (ls > list.txt)
- the scripts rename each filename contained in list.txt by its equivalent in songs.txt

i don't know how to do the last step , because it implies to have multiple files opened at the same time ...

do you know how to do it?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11 - opened files limit ?

Hey all, I'm running apache (cswapache2) on a Solaris 11.3 server. Recently, if I create a new vhost, the service fails to restart, and enters in maintenance mode. If I comment lines with log files, the service starts again. I guess I've reached the limit. I checked the current values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omegared77
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script or alias to backup all files opened by vi

we want to backup all opened files by vi before editing also with version information. i wrote below alias to backup crontab file content with version info. What i want know is to make this opened files by vi. We want to prevent user mistakes by adding this alias. alias crontab='DATE=$(date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, multiple files input and multiple files output

Hi! I'm new in awk and I need some help. I have a folder with a lot of files and I need that awk do something in each file and print a new file with the output. The input file name should be modified when I print the outpu files. Thanks in advance for help! :-) ciao (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform 3 awk commands to multiple files in multiple directories

Hi, I have a directory /home/datasets/ which contains a bunch (720) of subdirectories called hour_1/ hour_2/ etc..etc.. in each of these there is a single text file called (hour_1.txt in hour_1/ , hour_2.txt for hour_2/ etc..etc..) and i would like to do some text processing in them. Each of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
20 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best method of replacing multiple strings in multiple files - sed or awk? most simple preferred :)

Hi guys, say I have a few files in a directory (58 text files or somthing) each one contains mulitple strings that I wish to replace with other strings so in these 58 files I'm looking for say the following strings: JAM (replace with BUTTER) BREAD (replace with CRACKER) SCOOP (replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Number of files currently opened in linux

Hello, How do i check number of files currently opening in the linux server? Your help is highly appreciated. Thank you ---------- Post updated at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:19 PM ---------- never mind!! I got it. ---------- Post updated at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract multiple cloumns from multiple files; skip rows and include filenames; awk

Hello, I am trying to write a bash shell script that does the following: 1.Finds all *.txt files within my directory of interest 2. reads each of the files (25 files) one by one (tab-delimited format and have the same data format) 3. skips the first 10 rows of the file 4. extracts and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishabh
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search string in multiple files using awk

Hi, filenames: contains name of list of files to search in. placelist contains the names of places to be searched in all files in "filenames" for i in $(<filenames) do egrep -f placelist $i if ] then echo $i fi done >> outputfile Output i am getting: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to get the opened files by a process

Hi, i'd like to get the files which are opened by a process during his execution using the c language. Thanks for helping me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: benoit.gaillard
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
PYKARAOKE(6)															      PYKARAOKE(6)

NAME
pykaraoke_mini - free CDG/MIDI/MPEG karaoke player SYNOPSIS
pykaraoke_mini DESCRIPTION
pykaraoke is a free karaoke player for Linux, FreeBSD and Windows. You can use this program to play your collection of CDG, MIDI and MPEG karaoke songs. PyKaraoke Features: * CDG (MP3+G, OGG+G) playback - Play standard CDG karaoke files * MIDI (.MID/.KAR) playback - Play MIDI format karaoke files * MPEG playback - Play karaoke songs and movies in MPEG format * Playlist - Queue up songs, sit back and enjoy * Searchable song database - Easily find your songs from the main screen * Search inside ZIP files - Play MP3+G/MIDI files wrapped in ZIP files * Cross-platform - Runs on Linux, FreeBSD and Windows USAGE
pykaraoke_mini is a frontend for the pycdg and pympg karaoke players. It is similar to pykaraoke.py, but it is designed for use on small portable devices rather than PC's. In particular, it could be useful on any device lacking a keyboard and mouse. It presents a scrolling list of songs to choose from, sorted by title, artist, or filename. It works within the same pygame window used to render the karaoke songs themselves, so the scrolling interface is not available while a song is being performed. The biggest strength of pykaraoke_mini is that it does not rely on a keyboard or a windowing interface, so it is ideal for use with a joystick or even an IR remote control in a bar. Unlike pykaraoke, pykaraoke_mini does not store a database of song files, nor does it search around through different folders to find your song files. Instead, it is your responsibility to build a catalog file, which is a text file that contains one line per each song. Each line should be of the form: filename <tab> title <tab> artist You can include international characters by encoding the file in UTF-8. All three of these fields will be presented to the user in the scrolling list. The filename is assumed to be relative to the catalog file itself. If you like, you can maintain multiple different catalog files ofthis form, which will allow you to run pykaraoke_mini with different sub- sets of your song files. Use the --catalog command-line option to specify the full path to your catalog file; the default filename is songs/catalog.txt. While navigating the scrolling menu, the following keys are available: up / down : scroll through the list. Hold the button down to scroll very rapidly. pageup / pagedown : scroll a page at a time. enter : select the highlighted song for performance. tab : change the sort mode between title, artist, and filename. The current sort key is displayed first for each file. + / - : enlarge or reduce the font scale. This also affects the font scale when a MIDI file is selected (but does not affect CDG or MPG files). a-z : search for a song beginning with the indicated letter. If you type multiple letters, search for a song beginning with the string you type. SEE ALSO
You can find PyKaraoke's home page at: http://www.kibosh.org/pykaraoke/ AUTHOR
PyKaraoke was written by Kelvin Lawson <kelvinl@users.sourceforge.net> and William Ferrell <willfe@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). july 16, 2006 PYKARAOKE(6)