unable to boot into MAC OS X86

Operating Systems OS X (Apple) unable to boot into MAC OS X86
# 1  
Old 09-11-2009
unable to boot into MAC OS X86

Hi friends I am newbiee to MACOS ,the thing is that i installed MAC OS X86 10.5.6 into my VAIO-VGN-CR343N series without any problem and after rebooting I was unable to boot into macos and tried options like -v -f but no progress..can somebody help me
# 2  
Old 10-08-2009
you may do better at www.osx86project.org/

Last edited by glev2005; 10-09-2009 at 11:51 AM..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Boot Solaris 10 U1 for x86 from DVD

Is it possible to boot an existing Solaris 10 update 1 from boot dvd that I run on p3(1 ghz -512 mb ram). I have got a dual boot sys - the other os is win xp that I need to reinstall but that removes the mbr so, is there any way to recover mbr after the installation of xp? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to boot from mirror disk on x86 server configured under VxVM

Hi, Can you help me on booting x86 server configured under VxVM. Server boots fine normally from both the disks but if I try to boot server from mirror disk without starting veritas, then it does not boot. vxplex -g rootdg dis var-02 vxplex -g rootdg dis swapvol-02 vxplex -g rootdg dis... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindphanse604
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't boot from burned Sol 10 x86 DVD

Hi all- I am trying to boot from a Solaris 10 DVD which I burned from the ISO I d/l from Sun(Oracle). I checked the byte counts of the image on Sun's website and my system and they are the same. I and using cdrecord from Schilly and burning the DVD like so: cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 -dao... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

5. Solaris

x86 Solaris 8 does not boot.

Hello, First of all I must say that I have 0 solaris experience and only some average linux knowledge. One of my friends came to ask for my help today with a Solaris 8 x86 station that would not boot. The system is a pentium 4 1.6 ghz, 1gb ram, 40 gb hdd. When I turn it on, I get ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogusrl
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris X86 grub boot menu

I have a x4200 m2 that I've installed Solaris 10 on. I've created a raid 1 mirror using disk0 and disk1. I'm trying to add the mirror bootblk to the grub menu so in case of a failure of disk0, I can simply boot from the mirrored disk1. I'm looking for the syntax to add the alternate boot path to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
5 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

loading MAC X 5.0(leopard) on a X86 laptop

I want to install MAC X 5.x on my T60 Lenova laptop. I have the Original Mac X 5.0 installation media. I tried to install it on a blank hard disk in my laptop but it doesn't work. On the internet I found sites that offer torrent downloads but I can't use torrent downloads on my laptop. (Corp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mndavies
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 x86 Installation Will Not Boot From CD Disks

Problem: Am trying to install Solaris 10 x86 on a desktop PC (PC details unspecified) from downloaded iso images (5 in all) on 5 CD disks. These were downloaded from the Sun website and unzipped. I install Disk 1of 5 into the CD drive and then restart the machine, thinkng that it will launch... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to get CDE on X86

Hi..., I installed sol 10 in X86 .after installed sol 1 of 1 cd its's asking sol 1of 2 cd.i installed that also.after rebooting the system i'm not getting the CDE.it's directly login console.before that message is "the X server can not be started on display :0".what's wrong in installation.and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot x86 Sol 10, and Linux

I've loaded sol 10, and I left 20 Gig of 70 free, I can't seem to find a straight forward proc. for loading the Linux RH. Does anyone have one, or can they point me to one ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdel80
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question