About Native POSIX Thread Library (NPTL)

Top Forums Programming About Native POSIX Thread Library (NPTL)
# 1  
Old 05-13-2005
About Native POSIX Thread Library (NPTL)

Is there anybody has documents about NPTL
I wanna study about it , but can't find the documents....
anyone help appreciate
Smilie Smilie Smilie
# 2  
Old 05-13-2005
You must have seen this, but here it is anyway.

http://people.redhat.com/drepper/nptl-design.pdf

Vino
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

POSIX Thread Help

I want to create a program that creates 2 child process, and each of them creates 2 threads, and each thread prints its thread id. I0ve allread done that the outuput isn't the outuput i want. When a run the following comand "$./a.out | sort -u | wc -l" I have the folowing output 2 $: It should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

POSIX thread runs out of memory

i am creating threads in my program using the POSIX interface. when the thread starts executing i run out of memory and get a core dump. i have tried to increase the threads stack size using pthread_attr_setstacksize, but of no use since i guess the dynamic memory is allocated on the heap and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aniketkadu2002
1 Replies

3. Programming

Creating an array to hold posix thread ids: Only dynamic array works

I am facing a strange error while creating posix threads: Given below are two snippets of code, the first one works whereas the second one gives a garbage value in the output. Snippet 1 This works: -------------- int *threadids; threadids = (int *) malloc (num_threads * sizeof(int)); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmehta
4 Replies

4. Programming

POSIX - Hot to check if detached thread is still active

Hello, I have created program that run threads one by one, maximum 100. Each thread will process one block of data, and once it`s finished, new thread is created with new block of data....etc I have array of values to control status of each thread, like this: array_thread_status=1... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: orangem
11 Replies

5. Programming

POSIX Thread - Memory leak

Hi all! I am implementing an http server in c++ using the posix thread, but i am having a memory leak and i cannot find the reason. I have already commented out the section that initializes the threads and i found out, the problem is when i initialize/run the threads. In the threads i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laurovalente
1 Replies

6. Programming

Can't dlopen() a library containing Thread Local Storage

Hi, I have a small test c program which tries to dlopen a shared library(libjvm.sl). But i get error as "Can't dlopen() a library containing Thread Local Storage" My program is as below when i run the program i get error any pointers why the error?? I am using hp-ux . The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
1 Replies

7. Programming

Posix Thread Programming

Hello, i have 2 questions: 1. Can I get the current memory usage of a thread? 2. Can I use a member-function as (void*)(*)(void*) method to create a new thread with "pthread_create(...)"?? I would be happy about any suggestion. Regards, Rolf (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkasel
2 Replies

8. Programming

Multi threading using posix thread library

hi all, can anyone tell me some good site for the mutithreading tutorials, its application, and some code examples. -sushil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shushilmore
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question