Print Paper Size always A3 instead of A4

Operating Systems AIX Print Paper Size always A3 instead of A4
# 1  
Old 06-19-2012
Print Paper Size always A3 instead of A4

RICOH MPC4501 via AIX PrintServer is only printing on A3, even though its A4 contents. Similar Printer on same AIX PrintServer is printing correct though. What you think issue with first printer?

AIX V6.1
# 2  
Old 06-21-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchpan
What you think issue with first printer?
I think it could be a myriad of possible reasons and then some other. As my crystal ball is in repair right now i can't find out which one is the one applying to your problem.

Serious: what have you done to analyze the problem? What have these actions shown? What is the content of your queue definitions? What is your printing setup (locally, via network, remote print server, ...)? What is ...?

How are we supposed to find out what your problem is working on even less data than you have available (and even having more data you didn't find it out at all)?

Well, from the wisdom of Kung-Fu-Aix: printer not working because pupil is not enlightened. Unfortunately pupil will not be enlightenment until having learned thorough problem-solving skills which goes hand in hand with developing thorough problem-describing skills. All is Buddha and Buddha is in AIX - even in systems with printers attached.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print folder size ordered by pattern value of specific file type :-) ! challenge !

Hello dear unix command line friends ! I'm looking for a simple combinaison of ls & awk (maybe grep) to print: list of folders of a directory |_ ordered by size like what I have with $ du -sk ./* | sort -rn printing that result: 8651520 ./New Virtual Machine_1 8389120 ./Redhat ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: holister
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rock Paper Scissors

I'm trying to create this game in Unix. This is what I have so far: echo "Player one: Choose (R)ock, (P)aper (S)cissors" stty -echo read Pone case $Pone in R) echo "Good Choice! Let's see what Player two chooses.";; P) echo "Good Choice! Let's see what Player two chooses.";; S) echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpro
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a file and print its size

I have a directory, /local/test/ under this directory is many subdirectories, each subdir has about 70 files, the 70 files are always the same names. I want to print to the screen the size of fileabc.txt in each of the subdirectories. I cannot seem to work with pipe and splats * because there are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Research paper library

menu should look at least like the following:- RESEARCH PAPER LIBRARY - Main Menu 0 : EXIT this program 1 : EDIT menu 2 : REPORTS Menu Enter your choice> program should check for invalid choice and display error message and re-display the main-menu. If EDIT is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SHakur_BIG
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i print the output of the shell script in bigger size

how can i print the output of the shell script in bigger size eg: echo " hello world" i want to print this in the output with bigger size in the middle of the screen. can someone please help me out in that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to override the default paper size received by a print job

Hi, Kindly help me with your valid suggestions to solve the below problem: "How to override the default paper size received by a print job. Ex. The output file is generated with a default paper size of 11x17 and we need to print on 11x14 paper. When printing this file from HP Unix, is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukarthik
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Print Problem in UNIX. Need to know the option to specify the print paper size

Hi, Could any one please let me know what is the option available in UNIX to print by specifying the paper size? We are using Unix11i. I could n't see any option specified in the 'lp' command to print the report by specifying the size of the paper. It would be of great help to me, if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukarthik
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Printing spits out paper!!!

Hello again.. Here's my problem: i've got uses who print on a epson 1170 dot printer from a solaris server (SunOS ss5 5.3 Generic_101318-70 sun4m sparc) Normally they print out data of an informix database. The file is about 30 pages long. I had to modify the lp command as follows (lpbase... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Research paper

I am doing a "research" paper for school and i'm having a hard time finding accurate information. I am supposed to choose three differant versions of unix, give a brief explination of each, tell why there each differant from each other. I have found a ton of web sites but the information is so vast... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pantsusan
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question