Modifying XML document with Unix Script

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying XML document with Unix Script
# 1  
Old 06-22-2010
Modifying XML document with Unix Script

Hi,

I have xml documents that I want to change a value in, I can do it using sed in a text document but not the xml document. I have read other posts that allow the change between tags but the part I wish to change is only a small part of data with the tags.

e.g.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ieXMLDocument xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><MessageHeader Timestamp="2010-06-16T01:39:32.17+00:00" TypeCode="10" RecID="SDM" SenderID="DDD" RefNbr="0001494" VersionNumber="07.00.00"></MessageHeader><MIM105

I want to change the 07.00.00 to 08.00.00

Is this possible ?

Thanks
# 2  
Old 06-22-2010
Right tools for the right job.

XML::Simple - search.cpan.org
# 3  
Old 06-22-2010
What's wrong with (e.g.) ...

Code:
sed -i xml.file -e '~s~VersionNumber="07.00.00"~VersionNumber="08.00.00"~g'

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Shell Script to Remove MongoDB Document-Based on Many inputs

Here I am in a position to write a Unix Shell script(.sh) to remove MongoDB collection documents. I know how to remove based on a condition like below and it works for me. eval 'db.Collection.remove({TimeStamp:{$lte: "'$var'"}}) But I need to change the remove statement based on a new parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthilmadhanT
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX UNIX Script to Replace XML Values

Hi - I've seen variations of this same question asked but I have not been able to find an answer that fits my problem. Please direct me to another post if there already is a solution to this. I'm trying to write a Unix script to dynamically iterate through a flat file and replace a value in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocbit
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the parameter in xml file in UNIX shell script?

Hi, I have an XML file like the following... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ONDEMAND_JOB VERSION="5.1" LOCALE="en_US"> <IMPORT_JOBSET TC_CONNECTION_NAME="default" ENVIRONMENT="PRD" USERNAME="Administrator" PASSWORD="AdminPassword" CALENDAR="Main Monthly Calendar"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Debalina Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Shell script to work with .xml file

Hi Team, Could you please help me on below query: I want to retrieve XML elements from one .xml file. This .xml file has commented tags as well. so i am planning to write Unix command/script which 1.will chekc for this .xml file 2. it will ignore the commented XML lines. i.e. XML tags between... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waiting4u
3 Replies

5. Programming

Extract xml data and create word document using perl.

Hi, I have large xml data file.I need to extract node and some tags in the node and after I need to create word document. my XMl data is look like as below -<student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelor</bachelor> <specialization>computers</specialization> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
3 Replies

6. Programming

extract xml data and create word document using perl.

hi, i have large xml file which contains students information, i need to extract student number and some address tags and create a word document for the extracted data. my data looking llike this <student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelors</education> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to read the XML file from Website

Hi Experts, I need a unix shell script which can copy the xml file from the below pasted website and paste in in my unix directory. http://www.westpac.co.nz/olcontent/olcontent.nsf/fx.xml Thanks in Advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying xml files using sed

Hello, I have lots of xml files in the same format and I need to modify a xml tag in these files. i loop over the files and apply sed to the files to make the modification but CPU goes to %100 while doing this. I think I'm doing something wrong. Here is my onliner: for f in $( find . -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyzt
1 Replies

9. Programming

UNIX Shell Script to Create a Document of a PLSQL code.

Hi All, I am supposed to present the documentation for the PLSQL code (PACKAGES, PROCEDURE, FUNCTIONS) of my application. There are sufficient comments in my code. Has anyone written any Shell Script Utility which can parse the PLSQL code and generate some kind of document ( preferrably HTML not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating a Unix Script to parse xml file

Hi All, My requirement is create an unix script to parse the xml file and display the values of the Elements/value between the tags on console. Like say, I would like to fetch the value of errorCode from the below xml which is 'U007' and display it. Can we use SED command for this? I have tried... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anil.Wmg
10 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question