Problem using scp to transfer a file

Operating Systems AIX Problem using scp to transfer a file
# 1  
Old 03-27-2013
[SOLVED] Problem using scp to transfer a file

I am testing the following command to transfer a file from my server (AIX 5.2) to another server. I was able to generate the keys and sent them the public key.

Code:
scp -v -P 4030 /home/lawson/.ssh/jimtest.txt someuser@some.ftpsite.net:/Inbound/jimtest.txt > jimtest_out.txt 2>&1

Based on the output from the command it looks like it is authenticating correctly, but the file is not getting sent or they tell me they are not getting it. Can you take a look at the above command and let me know if it is not correct. I am currently doing this from the command line, but will script it when I get it working. Below is output from the comman execution.
Code:
Executing: program /usr/local/bin/ssh host some.ftpsite.net, user someuser, command scp -v -t /Inbound/jimtest.txt
OpenSSH_3.8p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.6l 04 Nov 2003
debug1: Reading configuration data /usr/local/etc/ssh_config
debug1: Connecting to some.ftpsite.net [0.0.0.0] port 4030.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/lawson/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /home/lawson/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
debug1: identity file /home/lawson/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version Maverick_SSHD
debug1: no match: Maverick_SSHD
debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.8p1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug1: kex: client->server aes128-cbc hmac-md5 none
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST(1024<1024<8192) sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REPLY
debug1: Host 'some.ftpsite.net' is known and matches the RSA host key.
debug1: Found key in /home/lawson/.ssh/known_hosts:2
debug1: ssh_rsa_verify: signature correct
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received
Welcome to the Gateway Interchange SSH server.   
debug1: Authentications that can continue: password,publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
debug1: Trying private key: /home/lawson/.ssh/identity
debug1: Offering public key: /home/lawson/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 149
debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA
debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: Sending command: scp -v -t /Inbound/jimtest.txt
debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
debug1: fd 0 clearing O_NONBLOCK
debug1: fd 1 clearing O_NONBLOCK
debug1: fd 2 clearing O_NONBLOCK
debug1: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 0, stderr 0 bytes in 0.1 seconds
debug1: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 0.0, stderr 0.0
debug1: Exit status -1
lost connection

Any thoughts. I want to determine if the problem is on my side or theirs. Thank you.
# 2  
Old 03-27-2013
Make sure you have permissions to overwrite the file and write to that folder.
# 3  
Old 03-27-2013
I have a conference call with them this afternoon so I will ask. Thank you for the response.

---------- Post updated at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:11 PM ----------

Update,
The scp is not allowed on their end so I ended up using the sftp command as such:
Code:
sftp -oPORT=4030 username@some.ftpsite.net
put file.txt

This still allows me to login without a password because it uses the public key.
This User Gave Thanks to jyoung For This Post:
# 4  
Old 05-07-2013
I have problem SCP like you broo..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial File Transfer using scp

I am trying to transfer a zip file of around 30 MB in my automation script using scp from system A to B. When I manually do scp, file is complete transferred but when automation shell script runs it, zip file is not completely transferred. Stack Trace while doing manual : Executing:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

On unix AIX server, when I am trying to transfer file from one directory to another directory on the same server through a program(where i call the script) it gives error "Lost Connection". (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pash
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

I have 3 AIX server namely - Server 1 , Server 2 and Server 3. And have done SCP setup between Server 1 and Server 2 so that i dont have to give password when i transfer file from Server 1 to Server 2 by setting public key between the server. Q1. If the unix password of the target server... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP - File transfer message

Whenever I transfer file through SCP between two server it gives below given message.....Is there a way to avoid it.... Target server : newyork $ scp ABC27801.iue newyork:./iABC/x0017801.iue Message ===== This system is for the use of authorized users only. Individuals using this... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp command for file transfer

I am not able to throw a file from server173 to server067 i.e. wlsuser@server173> scp /tmp/harsha.txt wlsuser@server067:/tmp fails However, I am able to pull a file from server173 onto server067's /tmp dir wlsuser@server067> scp wlsuser@server173:/tmp/harsha.txt /tmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem while doing Large file transfer thru Scp and FTP

Hi , I want to transfer one file having 6GB(after compression) which is in .cpk format from one server to other server. I tried scp command as well as FTP and also split the file then transfer the files thru scp command. At last i am facing the data lost and connection lost issue. Generally it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumit sarangi
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File transfer using SCP

I have a shell script which uses SCP command to transfer the files from one server to another server. The files are getting transferred successfully, but the problem is the files transferred to the destination server didnot have the permissions as that of the files on the source server. Command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarm
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using scp..

Hi Frdz I have a problem like. I need to transfer a file from source to destination (different systems with different IPs) using "scp" command and before transfer the file i have to check the file is available in destination or not, if it is there no need to transfer, otherwise we have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX - SCP File Transfer

Hi, How do i know if the files are transferred succesfully when i use SCP to transfer files between 2 servers. One more is i am trying to send all the files in a single shot by using * to save the connection time. So can i know when the scp breakes in the middle scp $sourcepath/*... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP file transfer command on solaris

I need to transfer multiple files using SCP between two solaris machines. Can somebody explain how to achieve that ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthum
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question