Compile issues on Core Solaris 10

Operating Systems Solaris Compile issues on Core Solaris 10
# 1  
Old 10-26-2009
Compile issues on Core Solaris 10

Hello All! I am trying to compile sudo-1.7.2p1 on Solaris 10 (Core Install). I get the follow error when I run "./configure":

Code:
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... configure: error: no acceptable grep could be found in /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/xpg4/bin

I have installed the following packages but still no luck:
SUNWarc SUNWgccruntime SUNWhea SUNWbtool SUNWgccS SUNWsprot
SUNWgcc SUNWtoo

Please let me know if I have missed anything.

Thank you.
# 2  
Old 10-26-2009
what is with this package?

Code:
root@solaris # pkgchk -lp /usr/bin/grep
Pathname: /usr/bin/grep
Type: regular file
Expected mode: 0555
Expected owner: root
Expected group: bin
Expected file size (bytes): 9988
Expected sum(1) of contents: 42356
Expected last modification: Jan 23 03:28:11 2005
Referenced by the following packages:
        SUNWcsu        
Current status: installed

# 3  
Old 10-26-2009
Thank you for replying. Here's my output
Code:
root@sol1>>pkgchk -lp /usr/bin/grep
Pathname: /usr/bin/grep
Type: regular file
Expected mode: 0555
Expected owner: root
Expected group: bin
Expected file size (bytes): 10212
Expected sum(1) of contents: 42486
Expected last modification: Jan 22  7:48:07 PM 2005
Referenced by the following packages:
        SUNWcsu
Current status: installed

:
# 4  
Old 10-26-2009
looks fine... but how about a precompiled package?
for x86 -> Freeware for Solaris
for sparc -> Freeware for Solaris
# 5  
Old 10-26-2009
If you download the software companion CD for Solaris 10 (link available on the same page you download the OS image from) it has a SFWsudo package that installs in /opt that will work.
# 6  
Old 10-26-2009
Thank you DukeNuke2 and seg. I found most of the software I need where you have mentioned.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Samba compile issue on Solaris 9

Hi all :) I've been given a task to try and upgrade Samba on our legacy Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9) sparc system. Its currently running samba 3.5.3 but we'd like to try and install 3.6.0 (or 3.6.25) to have minimal protocol smbv2. When trying to install from source, it appears to configure fine,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
4 Replies

2. Programming

nss compile on solaris 10

so I am trying to build "directory server 389" on solaris 10. I am using this as i guide: 389 Directory Server (Open Source LDAP) I am using solaria studio as my compiler. I built NSPR with no issues. the problem is NSS (Network Security Services) I simply can't find instruction... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
0 Replies

3. AIX

Compile PHP in AIX: Loading issues

Finally I was able to compile PHP on AIX. When I try to load from Apache, I get the below error. /install/usr/local/apache2/bin:>apachectl -f /install/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf -k stop httpd: Syntax error on line 53 of /install/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarthikKannan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris10 rrdtool compile issues

Hi all, I'm trying to install rrdtools on a sparc solaris10 system for use with Nagiosgraph. I inititially just added the rrdtools package from sunfreeware but this package doesn't include the directory that Perl needs. I've been told that compiling from source is my only option. I;m trying... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
0 Replies

5. Programming

Compile c program on Sun Solaris OS

Can anyone tell me how to compile a c programs on SunSolaris OS 5.1 Version as gcc and cc are not working Thanks!!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivu
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Compile Scilab 5.0.2 on Solaris 9

Hello, I'm trying to build scilab 5.0.2 on a Solaris 9 Sparc After more than one hour of compiling, this error msg appear, what could be the problem? if you need any more info i'm here. Thanks for your help. Error msg :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
0 Replies

7. Programming

Compile and Run C Program on Solaris

Hello Guys, I am using Solaris Developer Express Edition 9/07, I am a beginner. Please tell me how to compile and execute a C program. Please give me your answers clearly, for the compilers cc,c89,c99. I not getting the answer anywhere. Please....... reply to me. Advance thanks......... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: selva_ss
0 Replies

8. Solaris

error: compile 64 bit mysql on Solaris 10

I'm trying to build 64 bit mysql-5.0.37 on Solaris 10. CFLAGS="-O3" CXX='gcc -m64 -mcpu=v9' CXXFLAGS="-O3 -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" ./configure -disable-shared --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --datadir=/home1/mysql_data --with-mysqld-user=mysql ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libnet does not compile on Solaris 9

Hi I'm trying to compile libnet in Solaris 9, but it seems to have syntax errors. I got it from www.packetfactory.net/libnet/ which is the address the computer suggested me to download it. I downloaded the 1.1.2.1 version which is supposed to be stable Anybody knows if the code has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question