Don't find file from foxbase 2.1.2d

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Don't find file from foxbase 2.1.2d
# 1  
Old 05-19-2011
Don't find file from foxbase 2.1.2d

Hi there, finally i'm installed Sco Foxbase 2.1.2d over my Sco Open Server 5.0.7v server.
Well at this point almost is working fine, but, when i Run mi application i receive the next error:
"sh: the_name_of_file": does not exist".

I checked it over the Hard Disk and the file exist, the permisions for this file are OK, so i checked the code and i find that when i run from the Foxplus enviroment:

! the_name_of_file i receive the error, but when i use:
Do the_name_of_file foxplus recognise the file and try to execute the program.

There is some configuration to do over the over the unix system or in the configuration files of Foxplus for execute the "!" instruction??.

Every help wiil be very apreciated.
Thanks a lot.
P.D Sorry by my english, i made my best effort.
Danilo.
# 2  
Old 05-21-2011
In the shell environment, the program must exist in the shell PATH. In te foxplus environemnt it must exist in the foxplus path, which is known by "set path to ...". The two are different. Within fox, the path is where prg etc are stored. When you say DO ..., foxplus looks in the sequence of folders specified in the foxplus path and not in unix path.

So move the executable (bin file) to the fox path.

Note that this is based on old experience in DOS FOXPRO.

Last edited by ananthap; 05-23-2011 at 04:49 AM..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Don't have tree, need advise to differentiate dir from file from this alternative that uses find

Hi, I don't have tree on the Solaris server and our SA don't want to install it. I found this example from One Line Linux Command to Print Out Directory Tree Listing | systemBash that more or less does what I am mainly looking for. Example run is as below: $: find ./ | sed -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help running a Foxbase command in UNIX

Hello, I'm new to Unix and need the help of an expert. How can I run a foxbase command "DO perform FoxBase program" in Unix? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webuxer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command don't output anything, but file is there

Please if You can help me debug why nothing is found by this command? # echo "Zeus Robot" >> /home/vps/190/test # cat /home/vps/190/test Zeus Robot # find /home/vps -type f -mtime 2 -size -1000k -exec grep -l "Zeus Robot" {} \; >> out # cat out # cat /home/vps/190/test Zeus Robot Why... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
6 Replies

4. SCO

Foxbase 2.1.2d in Sco Unix Open Server 5.0.7

Hi my name is Danilo. I'm trying to install Sco foxbase + 2.1.2d. When i tried to install it with "custom" command, i receive the error: "sed: cannot open: ./tmp/perms/prep/*/prep.message: No such file or directory (error 2) The Operative System is Sco Open Server 5.0.7v (the virtualized version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Foxbase 2.1.2d in Sco Unix Open Server 5.0.7

Hi my name is Danilo. I'm trying to install Sco foxbase + 2.1.2d. When i tried to install it with "custom" command, i receive the error: "sed: cannot open: ./tmp/perms/prep/*/prep.message: No such file or directory (error 2) The Operative System is Sco Open Server 5.0.7v (the virtualized version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep to find files that don't contain a string

Hi all, I am still learning my way around unix commands and I have the following question. I have a website and I want to search for all the html pages that don't contain a certain js file. The file I am searching for is located under /topfolder/js/rules.js . So I assume in my grep search I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SyphaX
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find zero byte file but don't need path

Just i want to ask How to search and display name of zero byte file I have used find command but it is showing complete file path Thanks find . -size 0 giving me zero byte file with location 1)/home/user/a (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files that don't match expression

How Do I find all files in /home that are not .jpgs? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

9. SCO

Screen size with foxbase+ 2.1.2d + Openserver 5.0.7

Hi, i'm running SCO Openserver 5.0.7 with foxbase+ 2.1.2d. Is it possible to change the screen size to use more than 25 lines / 80 columns?. Clients connect using PuTTY, they can enlarge the SSH client window, but the application still runs in the original window size. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyruspy
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find options don't work in script

Hi, I'm trying to write a bash script to find some files. However it seems that the find command is not behaving the same way when the script is executed as it does when executed from the command line: Script extract: #!/bin/bash ... NEW="/usr/bin/find current/applications/ -name '*jar'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattd
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question