Scheduling job using UNIX "at" command

Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Scheduling job using UNIX "at" command
# 1  
Old 05-02-2020
Scheduling job using UNIX "at" command

Am using the at command to schedule a task.

Code:
at now + 30 minutes
warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh
at> /home/hagbard/chaos/iosafe120/sh/ocr.sh -dns 200 *.pdf<EOT>
job 1 at Sat May  2 14:29:00 2020

How can I know if it is running. And how can I get the output from the script to
show on the terminal when the job starts running?

Last edited by Danette; 05-02-2020 at 09:28 AM..
# 2  
Old 05-02-2020
the only ways are either add lines in your job script to echo anything in a log file or to output the execution of the script to a log file you open in another terminal using tail -f which will show all new lines being added to the log file... But difficult to say more as we know nothing of what your script is doing / output...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduling scripts with "at" command

Hi All , I need to create a scheduling capability on one of Linux boxes so that i could some 6 scripts back to back after a gap a given time difference . To run script1 :-- my test1.sh for 3 hrs , followed by 2nd script ,mytest2.sh for 10 hrs , then mystest3.sh for 2 hrs , then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamica
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "at" / "Cron" Command New Problem...Need help

Hi All, I am trying to schedule a one time job using the at command with the help of shell script for my project. The shell script should take a parameter as a command line argument from the at command itself. Is it possible to take a command line parameter for a shell script in the command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohanraj
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script scheduling problem using "at" command

Hello! I'm writing a shell script that will monitor if a server is up or down. I would like to use the command "at" inside of my script to reschedule the script to run in 2 minutes but I can't pass parameters to my script and this is my problem... This is the idea behind the script: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ben631
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands on Digital Unix equivalent to for "top" and "sar" on other Unix flavour

Hi, We have a DEC Alpha 4100 Server with OSF1 Digital Unix 4.0. Can any one tell me, if there are any commands on this Unix which are equivalent to "top" and "sar" on HP-UX or Sun Solaris ? I am particularly interested in knowing the CPU Load, what process is running on which CPU, etc. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question