Is my TLSFTP connection secure?

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is my TLSFTP connection secure?
# 1  
Old 07-23-2009
Is my TLSFTP connection secure?

What is difference in the below Two commands?

1) tlsftp -v -d -i -a -z verify=0 opts=17 $SERVERNAME << !

2) tlsftp -i -v -n ${ SERVERNAME } << !

Presently I am using the second command for get the files from Mainframe system to Unix system. But it is not secure.

Now i want to modify the code to make the connection secure. If I use the first command, is my connection is secure?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

2. Solaris

secure connection between two servers ?

hello all, i have a question if i have two servers each one run an application i want to make a tunnel channel between the two servers the two application each one has a specific port . for example server A has port 2001 and server B has port 2002 server A talk to server A using any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable connection logging for a specfic service (/var/log/secure)

Hello, is there a way to disable connection logging for a specific service? Or eventually to disable /var/log/secure in general? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
2 Replies

4. Linux

Disable connection logging for a specfic service (/var/log/secure)

Hello, is there a way to disable connection logging for a specific service? Or eventually to disable /var/log/secure in general? Closed. Double post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
yum-verify(1)															     yum-verify(1)

NAME
yum verify plugin SYNOPSIS
yum [options] verify [package ...] DESCRIPTION
This plugin extends yum with some commands that give verification information on the installed system, much like rpm -V. You can change how the verification is done and which files it applies to. added yum commands are: * verify * verify-rpm * verify-all all of which take the same arguments as the list yum command, obviously you can only verify packages that are installed on the system. verify Is the generic verification command, and is intended to give the most useful output. It removes all false matches due to multilib and ignores changes to configuration files by default. verify-rpm Is meant to be 100% compatible with rpm -V output, and any differences should be considered as bugs. verify-all Is used to list all the differences, including some that rpm itself will ignore. GENERAL OPTIONS
These are the options added to yum that are available in the verify commands. They are: --verify-filenames This option is used to limit the filenames that the packages will perform verification. --verify-configuration-files This option is only useful in the generic verify command, and will enable/disable verification of files that are tagged as configu- ration files. EXAMPLES
To do the same as rpm -Va, use: yum verify-rpm To verify the packages starting with the name yum, use: yum verify 'yum*' To verify the binaries that are in a bin directory, use: yum verify --verify-filenames='*bin/*' To verify all include files, Eg. for multilib problems, use: yum verify-all --verify-filenames='/usr/include/*' SEE ALSO
yum (8) yum.conf (5) the verify.conf file in /etc/yum/plugins.d AUTHORS
James Antill <james.antill@redhat.com>. BUGS
Currently yum-verify does not do verify-script checking or dependency checking, only file checking. Should you find any other bugs, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 01 March 2008 yum-verify(1)