DavidMax

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers DavidMax
# 1  
Old 09-23-2012
DavidMax

Hi,
I make effort to configure wireless connection to the internet on my Slackware box. I have a possibility to connect to internet with Linux (Slackware) but with usage of ethernet cable.
It seems that my wireless interface has name eth0 (iwconfig gives infos like unassociated, ESSID: (...), Nickname: (...), Mode: Managed; for eth1 it gives "no wireless extensions"). I have tried to use command iwconifg eth0 essid myessid and then dhcpcd eth0 but the effect is that it returns that waiting was timed out.
Are about information enough to claim that a network card is detected? If no, how I could do that?
What could be a reason for which broadcasting fails?
SSID is only password-like thing which should be set properly? On my modem there are given MAC address, WPA key and SSID.
My network card:
Intel(R) Pro/Wireless 2200 BG Network Connection
Network Card 1394
Realtek RTL 8139/810x Family Ethernet NIC

I would be grateful if somebody could help me with that problem.
Greetings.
# 2  
Old 09-23-2012
Hello,

Per our forum rules, all threads must have a descriptive subject text. For example, do not post questions with subjects like "Help Me!", "Urgent!!" or "Doubt". Post subjects like "Execution Problems with Cron" or "Help with Backup Shell Script".

The reason for this is that nearly 95% of all visitors to this site come here because they are referred by a search engine. In order for future searches on your post (with answers) to work well, the subject field must be something useful and related to the problem!

In addition, current forum users who are kind enough to answer questions should be able to understand the essence of your query at first glance.

So, as a benefit and courtesy to current and future knowledge seekers, please be careful with your subject text. You might receive a forum infraction if you don't pay attention to this.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread
Login or Register to Ask a Question