Switching services from active node to failovernode in cluster

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Switching services from active node to failovernode in cluster
# 1  
Old 03-20-2016
RedHat Switching services from active node to failovernode in cluster

Hi All,

I was asked to Switch the service from failover to active node as we need to reboot active node for regular maintenance. Unfortunately our senior admin left the organization. It would be helpful if some one answer this query. Detailed info with steps will be appreciated.

Here are the below details. I need to reboot lab1 and need to switch all services to lab2 or lab3.

I believe the /appfs is related to cluster. I'm bit rusty with cluster administration Smilie
Please help!!!Smilie

Code:
#hostname
lab2

#clustat

Member Name                              Status
    ------ ----                              ------
    lab1-int                             Online, rgmanager
    lab2-int                             Online, Local, rgmanager
    lab3-int                             Online, rgmanager

Service Name         Owner (Last)                   State
    ------- ----         ----- ------                   -----
    app_gfs_svc         lab2-int                   started
    app_prod            lab1-int                   started
    app_test            (lab1-int)                 disabled
    app_upgrade         (none)                         disabled

# df -TPH /appfs
  Filesystem    Type     Size   Used  Avail Use% Mounted on
  /dev/dm-50     gfs      32G    24G   8.3G  75% /appfs

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 03-20-2016 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: code tags
# 2  
Old 09-13-2016
This post was from a while ago, but i'll answer in case anyone finds this in a search looking for an answer.

The short answer is that there is nothing you need to do. If you shut one down the services should fail over automatically. The command to move a rgmanager service from one host to another is:

Code:
clusvcadm -r <service> -m <new_member>

For example:

Code:
clusvcadm -r app_prod -m lab3-int

All of this assumes that the services have been configured correctly and with best practice.
This User Gave Thanks to Padow1 For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cluster node not starting

Setting up HACMP 6.1 on a two node cluster. The other node works fine and can start properly on STABLE state (VGs varied, FS mounted, Service IP aliased). However, the other node is always stuck on ST_JOINING state. Its taking forever and you can't stop the cluster as well or recover from script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Cluster switching issue

I have installed sun cluster 3.2 on two sprac servers. Configured a failover resource group. Added a LogicalHostname resource to it. LogicalHostname is also added to /etc/hosts with ip address. I am able to access cluster by share ip used for logical hostname but when i try to switch the resource... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmadnauman
0 Replies

3. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Identify cluster active node

Hello, Is there any way to identify the active node in a HP-UX cluster without root privileges? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Active Sun cluster node?

I now the logical name and Virtual IP of the cluster. How can I find the active sun cluster node without having root access? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeniatbp
3 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

Setting up 2 node cluster using solaris 10

hi, i am trying to setup a 2 node cluster environment. following is what i have; 1. 2 x sun ultra60 - 450MHz procs, 1GB RAM, 9GB HDD, solaris 10 2. 2 x HBA cards 3. 2 x Connection leads to connect ultra60 with D1000 4. 1 x D1000 storage box. 5. 3 x 9GB HDD + 2 x 36GB HDD first of all,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solman17
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

MC/SG Fail to join cluster node

Hi, Please advise me whereas I have two node cluster server configured with MC/SG. Application and DB are running on Node 1, while Node 2 is standby. All the volume group devices are part of cluster environment. There is only one package running at node 1. Node 2 is having the problem to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Switching the active pts?

My apologies in advance if this question has already been asked or if I use incorrect terminology; I have tried searching for nearly an hour without any luck. Is there any way to change the active TTY for a session? I was monitoring a long (~5 hour) process through an SSH connection and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tspicher
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Node can't join cluster

Need help guys! when running cmrunnode batch i'm getting this error cmrunnode : Waiting for cluster to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tris
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

The other node name of a SUN cluster

Hello, Under ksh I have to run a script on one of the nodes of a Solaris 8 cluster which at some time must execute a command on the alternate node: # rsh <name> "command" I have to implement this script on all the clusters of my company (a lot of...). Fortunately, the names of the two nodes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: heartwork
11 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question