Complex Input/Output Redirect

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Complex Input/Output Redirect
# 1  
Old 05-13-2010
Question Complex Input/Output Redirect

Hi All,

Sorry if the title is not good but I did not know how to explain with only some words!

What I meant is: I have a unix command built from a private application vendor that when executed it prompts for two entries by the keyboard, let's say, for example:
Code:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Enter your:
    UserName: <Keyboard Enter UserName> <Press EnteR>
    EMail      : <Keyboard Enter EMail> <Press EnteR>

After inputting the information above using the keyboard and pressing <EnteR>, it shows an output like below:
Code:
                        ENCRIPTING THE PASSWORD.....

ENCRIPTED PASSWORD    : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Finally, my question is:

Is there a way to put the command above inside a shell script?
The user must enter the two fields and after I need to get the "Encripted Password".

Thanks for your attention!
# 2  
Old 05-16-2010
Yes, use Expect. And input the variables into your ARGV array (or the comparable for bash).
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to the same input file in awk

Hi, I want to compare a value from test file and redirect the o/p value to the same file input file 250 32000 32 128 Below is my code awk '{ if ($1 < "300") print $1 > /tmp/test}' test want to compare 250 < 300 then print 300 to the same place below is the... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
24 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file from input and redirect to output file

Hi , i am having an file which contains 5 file_name data, i need to read the file name and will perform certain operation and generate out file names with named as 5 individual file_names for eg: file.txt contains file_name1.txt|hai file_name2.txt|bye file_name3.txt|how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex overlap and naming of 2 input files - Awk

for every specific $1,$2 check the values ($2,$3) of their E ot I of input1 and overlap with input2. Specify names based on output. ####### if middle value is missing name them "SE" if first value is missing name them "AFE" if last value is missing name them "ALE" if 2 middle values are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ruby_sgp
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect an awk string output to a script input with pipes

Hi, I have a function in a bash script that returns a string after some operations using awk. The following code returns 555 $VARIABLE="EXAMPLE" get_number $VARIABLE this value I'd like to pass it as a second argument of another script with the following usage myscript.sh <param1>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rid
7 Replies

7. Programming

Redirect input and output to a shell script?

Dear All: I am trying to do something that (I thought) was relatively straightforward, but my code snippet does not seem to work. Any suggestions? Thank you Sincerely yours Misha Koshelev #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: misha680
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file redirect in output path and want name as inputfilename_new.txt

not required this time (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_Malik
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirect input from file?

I need to run a command inside root-environment, and want to use: su - root -c "some command..." Then I am prompted for a password, of course. Is it possible to put this password in a file, and present this files content, to the command above?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjornrud
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help: how to redirect input into a variable

I'm trying to write a simple script program (C shell). I have a problem redirecting input into a variable. Say I have a variable called J, and there is file called result which contains just some number, say 5. Which command should I use to assign J value 5 from the file result. I tried the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: artur80
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question