Solaris box to AD,Exchange server 2003

Operating Systems Solaris Solaris box to AD,Exchange server 2003
# 1  
Old 09-16-2010
Solaris box to AD,Exchange server 2003

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but I am trying to add a solaris box to server 2003, it is an active directory and exchange server. I have succeeded in adding it to network in general -- meaning I can access the server and xp files over the network.

But what I want to do is to be able to use an exchange account and log into solairs box under the domain. How can I do this?
# 2  
Old 09-16-2010
not sure you can treat AD as a LDAP store for users without adding schemas but there are products that can integrate UNIX systems with AD -- like Vintella Authentication Services from quest.
# 3  
Old 09-17-2010
There's some work involved, but you can use winbind similar to what you'd do in Linux, search for Solaris in:

Chapter 24. Winbind: Use of Domain Accounts
# 4  
Old 09-20-2010
try google for AD4unix. It's a small utility for AD. In the past I configured AD 2003 for AIX systems and it was working well.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

SQL Server import csv or txt on a Solaris box

New to using sql server and unix, but say I have here /home/foo/file.txt Can I use some kind of process to push that .txt into a sql server? Or Is there a sql server utility that can be configured to find a unix box and go into /home/foo/file.txt and slurp it up:) Or is there any PC and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
5 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Server migration from samba+ldap to windows server 2003

Hi, i have a server installed samba+openldap (pdc). Need to migration windows server 2003 (active directory) object users, computers. Where you can read how to do it? Or can tell me how to do it? Thanks. P.S. Sorry for bad english (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ap0st0l
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Send mail from redhat box to exchange server

we have an exchange server in company as excmailbocx.company.com i wanna send mail using sendmail from redhat to my exchange mail account how can it be possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oguzhantrg
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Can we use a solaris box as a web server?

Can we use a solaris box as a web server? If yes then can any one can explain each and every steps to configure a Solaris web server? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Dual boot SOlaris 10 and Windows server 2003

Hi, I am doing a build for dual boot server with Solaris 10 and Win2K3 server. I have the solaris 10 installed already and have to the windows 2003 installation now. Just wanted to know its just running a new 2003 build or anything different. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting a file from win3k server on to my solaris 9 box

Hey guys, Please don't lynch me for asking this question but I'm trying to get a file from a windows 2k3 server and store it on one of my Solaris 9 machines (automated in cron or something weekly) so I can then store it to tape. I'm just trying to think of the best way to get the file and I'm... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Coppying a file from Solaris to Windows 2003 server

Hello, I am really new to solaris and I want to know the easiest way to copy a file from a solaris server to an Iomega NAS running windows 2003 server. Can I map the drive on the windows box so the solaris server can see it. Any advice would be appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akula81
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copying a file from Solaris to Windows 2003 server

Hello, I am really new to solaris and I want to know the easiest way to copy a file from a solaris server to an Iomega NAS running windows 2003 server. Can I map the drive on the windows box so the solaris server can see it. Any advice would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akula81
1 Replies

9. Solaris

how to send mails to users on exchange server from sendmail/solaris(mailx)

Hi, Can anyone pls. tell me how to access Active directory from solaris. I am looking at solution by which I can send mail notification from the logs generated by scripts, to the users on Exchange server. I am trying for a Perl-LDAP module , but don't realy know how to go for it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshh
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i'm pulling my hair out getting a solaris 8 box to work as a caching name server

i've gone through the sun docs as well as a Solaris Network Admin book. while the book is fair, it lacks detail and i'm sure there are things it's missing on getting a caching only name server working. as for the sun docs... what it has is really miserable. i can't make anything out of it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question