How to get output in mail in actual format?

Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to get output in mail in actual format?
# 1  
Old 08-31-2019
How to get output in mail in actual format?

I need top load memory and cpu uses in mail. I am getting mail, but output is coming in sentence format.
can help me, how can I get in actual format. below is the command.

Code:
echo `ps -eo pid,ppid,cmd,%mem,%cpu --sort=-%mem | head`|mailx -r `hostname -s`@abc.com abc@abc.com

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 08-31-2019 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: code tags
# 2  
Old 08-31-2019
If the output you get from the command:
Code:
ps -eo pid,ppid,cmd,%mem,%cpu --sort=-%mem | head

is in the format you want, then the likely cause of your problem is the utility you are using to read the mail that has been sent to you.

What utility (or utilities) are you using to read your mail?

What operating system(s) is(are) running on the system(s) where you read your mail?
# 3  
Old 09-02-2019
Thanks for reply.
As I said, I am using mailx utility to send mail from server . and MUA is Outlook express.
my operating system in rhel 7.
# 4  
Old 09-02-2019
The unquoted echo arguments are broken into space-separated words.
As stated before, use
Code:
ps -eo pid,ppid,cmd,%mem,%cpu --sort=-%mem | head | mailx ...

(without echo ` `)
# 5  
Old 09-02-2019
Excellent . Thank you so much for your support. please mark as resolved.
# 6  
Old 09-02-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by yash_message
Excellent . Thank you so much for your support. please mark as resolved.
Hi yash_message,
I have marked your thread as "solved". But, please note that there is no need to ask anyone to do this for you. You can add a "solved" tag to any thread you create by hitting the "Edit Tags" button close to the top of each page of your thread display.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To have a mail in tabular format

Hello Guys, developing a monitoring shell script to have my queue depth count over mail . here is the sample input file to the script which has all the queue names 1 : DISPLAY QUEUE(*) WHERE (CURDEPTH GT 0) ZFC8409: Display Queue details. QUEUE(QL.GVR.ATA.CACHE.01) ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wims
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX/Linux - awk - displaying unxpected ! character when viewed in mail; but not in actual file

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX using ksh; I am processing the input files and generating a awk_output.txt file using AWK. By reading that awk_output.txt file, I am building a output.html file which is cat and then fed to /usr/sbin/sendmail .When the shell script is triggered through command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare actual files with format

Hi, I have database table let say t_filenames which stores filenames and date_format in two columns. e.g. ABCD_TV_YYYYMMDD.txt YYYYMMDD ABCD_MOUSE_YYYYMMDDHHMISS.txt YYYYMMDDHHMISS Actual files are available in a directory (say /tmp), actual files are with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers1234
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Format Issues

Hi All, I 'm trying to find a way to send my contents of a file as a body of email in the format shown below. However, the format of the contents are messed up when I receive the email. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing output from top and format output

Hi all, I'd like to capture the output from the 'top' command to monitor my CPU and Mem utilisation.Currently my command isecho date `top -b -n1 | grep -e Cpu -e Mem` I get the output in 3 separate lines.Tue Feb 24 15:00:03 Cpu(s): 3.4% us, 8.5% sy .. .. Mem: 1011480k total, 226928k used, ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail format problem:

i need to send 2 diff mail in a single script:Below the script #!/bin/ksh echo "enter the number" read num if then mail -s "test" unix@yahoo.com mail -s "test" 9886767000@nma.vodafone.in,9916138003@nma.vodafone.in else echo "test again" fi... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

better format for sending mail

i am using a script to create a file which contains the mail to be sent.in every steo this file grts appended through out the script using several variables.now i want to convert it into html format so that the mail will have better look and feel and the font color and size can be changed. i tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question