Rsync push or pull?

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Rsync push or pull?
# 1  
Old 10-20-2009
Rsync push or pull?

We have a cluster of 3 web servers. I'll be updating a single master server and copying info to the other 2 slave servers. What's the best way of synching all of them? Run rsync on each of the slave servers to pull the updates from the master? Or run rsync on the master to push the updates to the other 2 servers?
# 2  
Old 10-20-2009
push from master...

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I please get a push in the right direction with awk/sed?

Hi Guys, I have this task to monitor a linux box. I found a program that displays the parameters that I want and I wrote a little .sh to run that program and record output into a file. The findings look promising but I would like to graph them. My output (for every iteration) looks like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DraxDomax
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Push Files

Hey Guys, Thanks for always being helpful, I have another issue that I need a little insight on how to fix. See the below script I have and the error I get. I don't understand why it does that, am I not using the continue correctly? #!/bin/bash -x # @(#) File: filepush.sh #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup a push script from NIS

Hi guys, can we get a pushed script for every NIS client like a policy.? I need to set a symbolic links for for every client. Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pianz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I push an X app to the front by PID?

I'm trying to write a script that will start an X application if it's not already running, but will find it and pop it to the front if it is already running (maybe it's lost on a busy desktop). Is there such a mechanism? Here is part of the logic: VRDP="$(ps ax|grep "rdesktop .*... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
3 Replies

6. Linux

FTP push

Hi I am trying to send a file form one linux server into an another linux server. I cannot do ftp get. Can anyone please assist me how can I push the file to the other server ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question