PUTTY via UNIX script

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PUTTY via UNIX script
# 1  
Old 02-12-2010
PUTTY via UNIX script

HELP!!!!
I want to execute a PUTTY telnet connection via UNIX script???
Any help please??
Thanks
# 2  
Old 02-12-2010

If you are using a script, why do you want putty?

Use telnet (or, better, if it's available), ssh.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Proxy Server

Upload file from desktop to UNIX server via putty

I have a requirement of following - 1. Transfer excel spreadsheet from desktop to unix server 2. Open the spreadsheet and read the sql row by row at a time 3. Run each sql on database using unix and then send output back to spreadsheet that was uploaded earlier and then transfer file back to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Analabhatla
12 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connecting to UNIX from Windows without using putty

Hi Is there any command which we can try connecting unix from windows without using any third party tool. Thanks in advance KVB (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikky6
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in Unix script to exit from Putty

We have a requirement where in the user needs to select a option 4 from the menu and the putty window should be closed.I tried giving exit 0 ;; and this is only exiting from the script menu and showing back the prompt.Is there a way for this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopalt
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix user with root power problem in to login in putty

Hello, I created a user in my AIX 5.3 system and i modified /etc/passwd file in and assigned this user the uid=0 like root user. The problem is that when this user log into the system through putty it asks for root password instead of the user password. As a result of this, if i reset the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Simulate a ATM (cash machine) on UNIX(Putty) using scritps

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need to create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation in unix) which shows a welcome screen, then a login screen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oobla01
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putty script

i was having problem on unix command.here's my script set server_exe="C:\filecopy\putty.exe" %server_exe% sgxaspecs3@sporc01 -pw pit54321 -b c:\filecopy\file_sporc01putfiles2.txt echo "file uploaded to SFTP Server" pause ok the thing is like this, i could login to putty by running this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd_y
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing shells in unix (im using putty)

hi. im new here. im taking a UNIX OS class and im in need of some help how do i change my shell in UNIX? for homework i need to edit the tcshrc file (to include aliases) in my home directory but its not there. so i think switching shells will create the file. am i correct? I'm using PuTTy.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alpha_centauri
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dowe have other tools like Putty to connect UNIX boxes

New to UNIX, do we have only putty to work with UNIX boxes remotely ?????? any other tools.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
1 Replies

9. Programming

compile java with GUI on unix system/putty

is it possible in the first place? if so, how should I go about it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open a picture file in unix (putty)

hi i'm logged on to my schools unix machine via putty. how do i open/view a jpg picture file that is there on my root catalog? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javatutor
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question