Old 11-19-2014
Broadcast on AIX

hello

how to disable brodcast from AIX 5.3 ?
user get on workstation massage from root
thx
# 2  
Old 11-19-2014
Without seeing the message it will be difficult to answer...
# 3  
Old 11-19-2014
root can broadcast to any user regardless of their terminal permissions.
# 4  
Old 11-19-2014
Hmm,
As vbe asked, without seeing the message it will be difficult to answer, if the broadcast is happening on all sessions of that server, my two cents for wall. Also, check the crontab of root to see is there any entry to shoot that message.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script broadcast email

Dear All need advice, I just want broadcast email with mail from shell script, where the script look up the file that contain email address and password #!/bin/bash SUBJECT="Mailserver Baru" ISIEMAIL="/tmp/emailmessage.txt" for a in `(sed 's/"//g;s/\,.*//g' $1)`; do echo > $ISIEMAIL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: survive
2 Replies

2. Programming

how to do udp broadcast with multithreading

hello to all i want to use multithreading to my UDP broadcast server client program. will anyone help me by proving C code. i am working in fedora. also my requirement is POSIX compliance.please help me..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moti12
6 Replies

3. IP Networking

how to do udp broadcast with multithreading

hello to all i want to use multithreading to my UDP broadcast server client program. will anyone help me by proving C code. i am working in fedora. also my requirement is POSIX compliance.please help me..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moti12
0 Replies

4. Programming

How to broadcast a message ?

My problem definition is ,I have to send a message from one node in a network and it has to be broadcasted to all other nodes in the network.The program what I have given below will be running in all the nodes in the network.The same program should be capable of sending(broadcasting) and receiving.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigneshinbox
0 Replies

5. AIX

Hacmp broadcast error

Hello, I tried searching for the solution on the google...nothing so far... anyone know anything about this. Broadcast message from root@pr2serv (tty) at 00:01:04 ... Cluster Verification detected cluster configuration errors on node pr1serv. Detailed clverify output is available in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

network and broadcast address

Hi Suppose You have two computers. One named kenny which has an IP address of 192.168.0.7. kenny lives on a subnet with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.240. The second computer is called zathras, which has an IP address of 192.168.0.17, zathras lives on a network with the same subnet mask. i)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scofiled83
4 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

broadcast

Can anybody hellp me troubleshoot this error. Using HP-Uxix B.10.X " *****ARPA/9000 NETWORKING***** Mon Jun 30 SAT 2003 20:18:12.xxxxxxx DISASTER Subsys: NS_LS_PROBE LOC:01001 Network NS_LS_PROBE DISASTER 1001, pid arp: ether address is broadcast for IP address zzzzzzz! " where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SEB
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broadcast email???

Hi all, How can i send email to all the users on a box? Thank you all (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solvman
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

broadcast address

What is the significance of the broadcast address? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question