SVN user permissions trouble

Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications SVN user permissions trouble
# 1  
Old 08-19-2010
SVN user permissions trouble

I am trying to add a user to my SVN server that can only access one of about a dozen repositories I have set up. Here are the files that I think need changed and what I have set them to. No matter what I try with these files I am unable to see the results I am after. In the end I want this new user to be able to access repository #1 and not 2 or any others (as an example).

Code:
/svn/repository1/conf/passwd
[users]
user1 = user1pass

/svn/repository1/conf/svnserve.conf
[general]
anon-access = none
auth-access = write
password-db = passwd
authz-db = authz

/svn/repository1/conf/authz
# [groups]
# harry_and_sally = harry,sally

# [/foo/bar]
# harry = rw
# * =

# [repository:/baz/fuz]
# @harry_and_sally = rw
# * = r

[/]
user1 = rw

/etc/httpd/svnpasswds

This file lists several users I have set up with encrypted passwords. If I add user1 here through ssh the new user works flawlessly. The problem is that the user is able to access all repositories.

Does the /etc/ file hold the complete set of users while /var/svn/ files contain a subset for specific targeting? Editing anything in /var/svn/ has not seemed to make any difference but the /etc/ file gives to much power.

I have spent several hours trying different tutorials and editing these files. I would really appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

---------- Post updated at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:31 AM ----------

Solved. I had to add an authz file to /etc/httpd/.... and reference it properly from the svn conf file. The repository files don't seem to work in my case.

Last edited by Scott; 08-19-2010 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making post down hook script for svn regarding sending emails after an file is committed in svn

Hi Folks , I am asking this question but i apologise please if this is not the correct forum , I have to develop a shell script that i want to place in at hooks/post-commit , that is basically i have to develop a post hook script and the main functionality of that script would be lets say if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsun06060606
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trouble accessing SVN on Ubuntu

Hi all, I'm running SVN on Ubuntu 12.04, and I have to connect it to an online repository accessed by HTTPS. I can check out files from the repository just fine with the command: svn checkout <https://pathToRepository>But, I can't update the working copy properly after I make changes. I change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Trouble assigning user to group in OpenLDAP

Hello, I am working on setup LDAP Server and facing issue related to assigning user to a group. Below is the LDAP structure i am using. I have created Users,Groups and Servers ou's and sub ou's added to the same or Users as well as Groups OU. Logged in as: cn=Manager,dc=bebolabs,dc=net ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to integrate SVN client to SVN server repository.

Hi, I am new to SVN configuration on Solaris 10.I have installed SVN client version 1.7. bash-3.00# ./svn --version svn, version 1.7.4 (r1295709) compiled Mar 2 2012, 12:59:36 Here my requirement is how to integrate svn client to One of the SVN server repository. My repository... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble in getting user input while using CASE statement in UNIX

i want to get user input like this please tell which option to chose 1. mango 2. tango 3. rango if user chooses mango then it should execute a set of statements and again ask like this what do you want to do 1.add 2.subtract 3.exit when i choose exit it should goto my previous menu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s.deepak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

gets all files details committed to svn by a particular user [or all users] since a particular date

Here is a shell for printing committed person's: 1. Revision number 2. Name 3. Date of commit 4. Files committed. 5. committing comment 6. Date I just made for my usage. May be helpful for you too. Do as follows. create a file $ vi svn_get_user_committed_files_details.sh press i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions issue with webserver and svn

Update: Please anybody can give some help ? I've an issue with files ownerships. I have a drupal website and the "files" folder needs to be owned by "www-data" in order to let the users to upload files with php. However I'm now using svn and I need all folders and files to be owned by my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Permissions trouble with WebDav

Hello! I need some advice about using WebDav in Mac OS 10.5 My problem is that I mount a WebDav folder in the hard drive pointing to a webdav directory service running under apache (it's Alfresco, if you know it) but the permissions of this directory, when mounted, are only for the user who... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: osksp
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SVN activity of certain user

Hi there, I'm looking for some help to get a little script done that shows me (or counts) only the added lines from an SVN repository of one specific user. Anybody has an idea? Thanks, Michael (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelGiese
0 Replies

10. AIX

trouble changeing password for user

I am trying to change a password for a user I just created. Everytime I do I recieve this message. 3004-622 An error occurred updating the password database. 3004-709 Error changing password for "heather1" : Value is invalid. I have made plenty of users and never had this happen... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question