Server Admin- Print queues

Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Server Admin- Print queues
# 1  
Old 10-27-2004
Server Admin- Print queues

Hi there,

I have some problems in re-setting up the print queues on XServe running Mac OSX Server 10.3.4

I did have the print queues running at some stage, until some unknown error occured that stopped all the queues from working. Recently I tried to re-create the queues, by deleting the old queues and creating new ones, and something strange happened: somehow the old queue's name is displayed instead of the new queue name.

I assume that the Server is recording entries into a log file somewhere, and it keeps recalling old entries for the print queues.

So, I need to know if I'm right, and if there are any ways to change or delete that log file so I can create totally a new one?

Cheers.
# 2  
Old 10-29-2004
lpstat

try running:
lpstat
from the terminal
If not familiar with the possibilities run:
man lpstat

Kindest

John Philip
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Setting up Solaris 10 to print to a windows print server

Guys, I have a issue that I am trying to rectify please advise. lpstat -t shows scheduler is running printer lext644 disabled since Mon Dec 02 19:48:18 2013. available.I have restarted the printer service and it shows online but the above says disabled. I have a lot of jobs in the print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrywhitejr
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Restarting CUPS will restart existing print queues?

Hi, We need to restart CUPS service, and want to know if restarting CUPS service will stop/start existing printing queues? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check "faulty" or "stalled" print queues - SAP systems?

Hi all, First off, sorry for a long post but I think I have no other option if I need to explain properly what I need help for. I need some advise on how best to check for "faulty" or "stalled/jammed' print queues. At the moment, I have three (3) application servers which also acts as print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to reset SC admin password in Netra T2000 server?

I have one Sun Netra T2000 Server. The ALOM SC admin password of this server is not known. Could you anyone help and tell me how can i reset the SC admin account password?? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_shet
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Print Queues

Can anyone help with the remote print queue setup for a Intermec label printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
0 Replies

8. Linux

print queues

RH 7.2 Are there any commands to check the print queue status? Something along the lines of AIX's "qchk"? Thanks!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Queues

I have a print queue set up with the following options: remote, standard processing, Hostname=(A Windows 2000 Server), bsd print spooler. It takes about 1 minute to transfer a 100 kb file and it times out (downs the queue) on larger files. When tested on a different system at a different location... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottb7711
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question