Unable to login with Domain users in the Suse linux

Operating Systems Linux Unable to login with Domain users in the Suse linux
# 1  
Old 11-19-2010
Unable to login with Domain users in the Suse linux

Hi Team,

I have joined the Suse Linux Server in my domain. I am not able update the DNS but I am able to join the domain. net ads testjoin gives me Join ok.

even net ads dns register -P results to DNS update failed.

wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g also not working.

Samba Configuration:

Code:
[global]

workgroup = ES
    printing = cups
    printcap name = cups
    printcap cache time = 750
    cups options = raw
    map to guest = Bad User
    include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
    logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
    logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
    logon drive = P:
    idmap gid = 10000-20000
    idmap uid = 10000-20000
    realm = ES.AD.PP.COM
    security = ADS
    template homedir = /home/%D/%U
    template shell = /bin/bash
    winbind use default domain = true
    domain logons = No
    domain master = No
    password server = hyrdswsesdc1.ES.AD.PP.COM
    wins support = No
    usershare allow guests = No

Code:
cat /etc/krb5.conf [libdefaults]

default_realm = ES.AD.PP.COM
    clockskew = 300

[realms]

ES.AD.PP.COM = { kdc = hyscswsesdc1.es.ad.pp.com default_domain = es.ad.pp.com admin_server = hyscswsesdc1.es.ad.pp.com }

EXAMPLE.COM = { kdc = kerberos.example.com admin_server = kerberos.example.com }

[logging]

kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5/krb5kdc.log
    admin_server = FILE:/var/log/krb5/kadmind.log
    default = SYSLOG:NOTICE:DAEMON

[domain_realm]

.es.ad.pp.com = ES.AD.PP.COM

[appdefaults]

pam = { ticket_lifetime = 1d renew_lifetime = 1d forwardable = true proxiable = false retain_after_close = false minimum_uid = 1 try_first_pass = true external = sshd use_shmem = sshd }

I have done necessary changes in the in PAM module as well.
Can you please help me how to proceed with it.

Thanks
Naree

Last edited by pludi; 11-19-2010 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...
# 2  
Old 11-24-2010
In all fairness, Windows DNS is fundamentally broken (and IMHO beyond repair) with regards to non-Windows DHCP clients. With that said, what is needed is the ability to send a GSSAPI signed update message to the Windows DNS server... otherwise you have to configure the Windows DNS server to allow insecure updates or updates by particular IP addresses (e.g. addresses you're likely to get via DHCP).

If you REALLY, REALLY want this to work well... rebuild your Windows DC/AD Server and tell it NOT to be a DNS or DHCP, let Linux handle DNS/DHCP via ISC DHCP and BIND and configure it so that it allows the DC/AD Servers to update ONLY the "_" SRV zones and secure that by IP address... the ISC DHCP server will make the DNS updates on behalf of the client using TSIG security (a published standard that Microsoft REFUSES to support).

The very latest versions of BIND support GSSAPI style updates... but there's just something evil about having EVERY client on the network update the DNS server... IMHO, it's smarter to give that task to the DHCP server. Even so, I'm not sure what client support there is for sending GSSAPI messages. With that said, you CAN manage your zones dynamically using BIND+Linux, you'd just want to secure that via TSIG or IP (even just the DNS server itself) for updates apart from the DHCP Server.

I guess it's somewhat complicated... but pretty easy if you know how DNS and DHCP work... difficult if you ASSUME that Microsoft's versions work.. because they DO NOT... at least not with non-Windows hosts.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux SuSE SLES 8 error..unable to issue shutdown command

the only way we can power off is if we actually press power button on server. Running on HP DL-G4. from root, when we issue command it just returns to root prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amexboy
1 Replies

2. SuSE

Unable to format suse Linux

Hello All, I am new to use linux. I installed SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) trail version which is free for 60 days. Now I want to again format the whole system and install the same OS again but its not happening. I am trying with a bootable pen drive which has an .iso image of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hunk_harsha
1 Replies

3. SuSE

Help in display unsuccessful login in SUSE Linux

hi i want to enable details of previous successful/ unsuccessful login on screen after successful login in SUSE linux ---------- Post updated 01-17-15 at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous update was 01-16-15 at 11:37 PM ---------- hi guys please reply (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Idea
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

RHEL: Users unable to login via SSH

removing the post (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic4u
6 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to: Linux BOX in Windows Domain (w/out joining the domain)

Dear Expert, i have linux box that is running in the windows domain, BUT did not being a member of the domain. as I am not the System Administrator so I have no control on the server in the network, such as modify dns entry , add the linux box in AD and domain record and so on that relevant. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
2 Replies

6. SuSE

Linux SuSE 10 - Disable Unsuccessful Login History.

When we login to any remote connections in SuSE Linux, say for example, telnet , the following line is displayed "Last Login : Date and time is displayed" I would like to disable this. In SuSE 9, I could find the solution . Please suggest me a solution to disable the line displayed for SuSE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laksmi
3 Replies

7. SuSE

Can we disable/delay login ports in suse linux ?

Plz . tell me the command in suse linux to rert availibility of login ports, disable login ports, & delay available login ports. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrguha
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suse Linux 9.0 can't login

Hi, I need some help here. I have a Suse Linux here that I can't login to. I used to be able to, but now I can't. I was able to login initially, not too sure what keyboard button I pressed(Alt+Tab, maybe), then it kicks straight to the login screen. Subsequent login as root didn't manage to get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suseli
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question