NFS mount from windows NAS with NFS server, have hidden folder on UNIX

Operating Systems AIX NFS mount from windows NAS with NFS server, have hidden folder on UNIX
# 8  
Old 04-25-2020
The problem was different from the link you included.

I had full access from AIX .. Originally i did a tar ball from an ext4 filesystem over to the storage (nfs), so all rights and user permissions were correct, that is, on visible folders. And where folders where hidden i had no problems creating my own, and since i could rename a hidden status'd folder to a ".folder" and list it with "ls -la" it was strange.

But,
I watch it closely the next days but it looks like the systems got in sync and some cache or so fixed my hidden folders , so im happy now.
There was a lot of smal 100KB files there, and 30GB of them, so maybe just a slow windows NFS system, to update its database of stored files.
# 9  
Old 04-28-2020
I will see what we can do.

I am considering to resize the disks on the windows vm, and create a linux vm, and mount disk on it and share it from linux now Smilie
I hope this should limit the number of failures if they continue.
# 10  
Old 04-29-2020
slight off topic but has anyone heard if microsoft is stopping support for NFS? my boss keeps pushing us to find something different because he says they will not support NFS anymore but I cant seem to find that info anywhere.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move script from windows to Linux using NFS mount

Hi All, Is there a command or script which will push a file from Windows server to Linux box? using the mount command. I want the details or document of the whole process please. I want this script to run every 30 minutes to push the file from windows to unix Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinkingeye
16 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS mount error in windows

I am trying to set a share between windows and an AIX server. I was able to do this to a windows 2008 server. I am now trying to get this to worked on a windows 7 enterprise pc. below is what i get. I have turned off the firewall wall in windows the user is an admin in the pc. same account works... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount of Windows NAS

The UPS connected to the Disk Array portion of my Windows 2003 NAS burned up over the weekend. Reconnected it to a new UPS and re-booted the NAS box. Since then I have not been able to get my HPUX 10.2 box to mount the shared drives on the NAS. At boot, the NFS client & server subsystems do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twalker0
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

7. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS HDD mount on Windows XP

Hi, Unix based, My harddrive won't boot and I'm looking for a reliable tool that can mount a hdd on Windows XP and show me the files stored on a NFS system. I tried the tool: Ext2IFS but this didn't work. I found a lot of tools on google to mount nfs share thru a network but that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: severt
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Problem to auto mount on NFS server

I am new in Ubuntu and i use Ubuntu 7.10, and have problem to mount automatic when i reboot computer, Here is my /etc/fstab 192.168.0.91:/home/DATA/it /home/USER/usertest/Documents/Z nfs defaults 0 0 I try many option in that line, but the result is same, I cannot automatic mounting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question