Automatic logout

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Automatic logout
# 1  
Old 05-11-2016
Automatic logout

Hello,
I have this issue on a new server I just built. It is a RHEL 6.7 build. I use VNC to connect to the server from my windows machine. When I login to the Server in morning using VNC I get this error: "Automatic logout, this session is configured to log out after a period of inactivity. I then have to kill and restart the VNC secession to use VNC. It seems that the server has a setting that is logging me out. How to disable this auto logout behavior.

Thanks
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session logout

hi, i want to make a session logout in c++/unix which will redirect the user to the login page if the user is idle for 5mins (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anubhav sharma
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to logout

Hi I am using UNIX version. HP-UX HP-UNIX B.11.00 I am writing a script which on certain condition should logout of unix. But with exit command i am not able to get this.. Plz suggest how i should logout of the session directly. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish.s
9 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Help with a logout scrpt

Hi, I'm new to Linux and this forums. I was working on a logout script and was wondering if anyone could help me out. What I'm trying to do is to delete the content of the ~/tmp/ directory and also to perform a check if any processes are currently running befor logout. this is what I have ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zexin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

session logout

hi, im executing one script i,e sh test.sh i want to log out the sessing after script execution. and i do't want to user command like this. sh test.sh ; exit can i exit the session with the use of script pl help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arvindng
1 Replies

5. Linux

What happens when user logout?

Hi When executing some commands, we need to re-login into the account. What happens when logged out and login ? Are there any scripts (.bashrc .... ) to be executed or to update system files. Help Me .......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yhacks
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit or logout

When I want to close my session I can use exit or logout, and a lot of manuals use both of them indistinctly. So, Is there any difference between exit or logout?? Or are both of them exactly the same command?? I forgot to mention that I am using a RedHat Unix. Thanks for your help. Kinai. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kinai
1 Replies

7. Solaris

.logout

I want to execute script while exiting a session, to gather session details. How to implement this in Solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

.logout help

We have an application that uses the csh shell as the default. We can not change this as when we upgrade it will change back to csh. We have several people that log in with this id. I would like to create a .logout exit script to audit what transactions were performed, termal, etc. Does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logout

Every time the ksh script completes I got message - logout. I don't want to see this message.... Can someone give me a clue Thanks in advance. ZAM SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automatic dxterm logout

I am using Tru64UX. I have to login as a backup user to take the regular backups. What I do is login to the system using an X-Terminal, run a script and exit. Is there a way where I just login to the system, and the script runs in automatically ( like running scripts in .profile ) and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shauche
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)