10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm trying to create a ksh script to do the following:
1) Ask the user what process they want to search for.
2) Have the script read the input as a variable and use it to search for the process.
3) Display the current time & date, the working directory of the process, and finally display the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
how to display the messages on screen IN PERL such as "
1. Entering while loop" if the script enters a while loop.
2. Checking FILENAME. etc...
3. Print statement is also not helpful.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rashid Khan
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Quick question, someone will hopefully be able to stop me from :wall:.
I currently have a script which calls a script on a remote machine and captures the stdout to a file:
ssh <user>@<server> > output 2>/dev/null <<_EOF
This runs the script but the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers
how can i know which users have logged in at specified given start and end time in 24 hour format? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meherzad4u
5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
For one of my script I need to get the complete format of PS as result.
Actually in our application, we have to execute some program to get the data for batch files.
Now there is some java script is running on unix for this which is not identifiable.
I want to know how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishank.jain
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have here a script which is used to purge older files/directories based on defined purge period. The script consists of 45 find commands, where each command will need to traverse through more than a million directories. Therefore a single find command executes around 22-25 mins... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravicha
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
i am stuc in this problem. You all might help me out.
I want to write a BASH script to display time every 15 seconds using %r field descriptor. And want to clear the window each time before displaying time using clear command. Please help me out (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojrsb
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hi i've written a script which reads last two line of the log file from N number of servers and send the mail by redirecting to a particular log file.
And the two lines is displayed below.
Oracle Q03 Begin Hot BACKUP Time: 07/23/08 18:35:46
Oracle Q03 End Hot BACKUP Time: 07/24/08 14:18:15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I wrote this shell script to validate filed numbers for input file. But it take forever to complete validation on a file. The average speed is like 9mins/MB.
Can anyone tell me how to improve the performance of a shell script?
Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzman
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I was wondering if anyone had a script that would display the last time a user logged into a particular machine. I know about the "last" command, but it gives too much info.... I just wanted to know the last time a user used his/her id. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
Ryan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryaneverett5