10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I do not know shell scripting. But at work place, I have got an in and out shell scripting task. I just need to understand a very big script. Is there any tool in which I can place the script and it can tell me the meaning of the whole script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lg123
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I'm having trouble trying to create a BASH shell script.
I want the user to input a command "cat file_name.c" and then the shell script will delete all comments "/* */" from file_name.c else exit.
So far I have this:
read "cat file" // User will input command cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: inkjoy00
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am setting up a cron job, where i am calling a shell script to make few builds. I got struck at a point, need some expert inputs to proceed further.
The script is categorized in 5 parts and in the last part while building software it asks for few questions like:-
1. Build mode... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_jammu
4. Homework & Coursework Questions
Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
Write a bash shell script that takes as an argument a name. Then your script will ask the user for two numbers.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
i am new to shell scripting and stuck at one place in my program.
i am reading data from one structured file and extracting some data from particular lines and then writing into the output file. In that reading input file line by line from while loop.
while read line
rectype=line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reeta_shri
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have written a shell script and suppose there is any error in the script. How i can do exception handling in shell script.for example i have below code
sqlplus -s <<uid>>/<<pwd>>@<<$ORACLE_SID>> <<EOF > 1_pid1.log
set pagesize 0
set feedback off
set heading off
set linesize 200... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rksingh003
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
wwww wwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwww (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyvan
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
Can any1 please help me...
i'm really lost in using bash shell scripting...
and i got to hand this up on monday...
please anyone teach me how to do this assignment...
Please use basic things because i just learn the program only... thanks
... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fr0z3n999
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
i am new to UNIX. I have couple of basic questions.
1. Is the syntax for BASH shell programming same in the LINUX and SUN SOLARIS operating systems?
2. I have to work on BASH shell programming in SUN SOLARIS operating system. I am going through the documentation from the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azazalis
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
how can i write content of a variable to a file?
how can i read standard output into a variable? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn