10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I work on various messages received from server and want to write a python script that can sort messages with unique flag values and give me the output in a text file.
I get these messages in the form of .zcap file from server and I use an internal tool to filter:
Step 1) Zcap file to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijeta Laad
2. Homework & Coursework Questions
can anyone help me with this???
make program ( shell script) to detect and display errors occurred in initializing a Unix system (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dementor
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
1) Need help to write script in KSH to detect a duplicate file.
2) The original file needs to be moved from current path to a different path
3) The duplicate file should continue to stay in the same path.
Exact file names & duplicate file names are given below. Please help me at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya3001
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to open a file which is in encrypted form and it consists Usernames and passwords.a custommized command is there to open the file.the command is exe of a shell script which takes arguments filename.
after opening with the command it will show four options which are ADD,update,search and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
#FTP concatenated file
ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT
quote USER $USER
quote PASS $PASSWD
get $ifile retrieval.$$
echo "FTP of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hello everyone, I'm new to using Linux and i am trying to create a script that will produce a list of all the files of the present working directory. So far I only have this
I can't figure out what I am suppose to do next. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reecygee
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
i have a file having content
so i want to print 3rd field of header a|b|c and footer end.
e.g. o/p should be
98 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have written down a UNIX script which actually FTP the file to other server. What is happening now , this script is not working only for 1 server , as it is working for 32 different FTP server .
In this particular server , we are getting message “FTp:550 access denied”... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan1978
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
can someone explain the meaning of the following shell commands:
1. who / wc -l
2. who / sort > user_names
3. cat students > new_students
4. current_day='date / cut -cl-3'
i would also appreciated if you could tell me some things about the umask
1. what is a good umask value and why?
2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakis
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hi guys !
I have 24 hours to learn about sendmail (as much as I can) ...
where to start ?
where to go ?
thnx, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gismo