10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I would like to know what this command means?
what does "!" stand for? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: googlietdr
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have searched to find an anwer to no avail, I hope you can help me.
I have a.ksh that many people call and a.ksh calls b.ksh
b.ksh is also invoked stand-alone by many people as well
In b.ksh I want to do something different if it was not involked by a.ksh.
How can I do this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAGIRL
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
This question might seem to be a little naive but here it goes:
I want to know the PID of a script that is running in the background.
eg: There is a script called Data_Downloader.sh
I am using the command:
ps -ef | grep Data_Downloader.sh
But I am getting the output as
wrkarea... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajat
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this.
Thanks in advance,
Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
In my project i have two process runs in the back end.
Once i start my project, and execute the command ps, i get below output:
PID TTY TIME CMD
9086 pts/1 0:00 ksh
9241 pts/1 0:02 java
9240 pts/1 0:00 shell_script_bg
java with 9241 PID is the main... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection?
2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am trying to get the PID using the following command:
$ /usr/ucb/ps -auwwwwx | grep java | grep Proceess | ptree PID or
$ /usr/ucb/ps -auwwwwx | grep java | grep Proceess;ptree PID
it is possible to get PID, such that I check whether any orphan
process is running.
solution... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Bhat
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
The below command returns full line.How can i get only PID from this line ie 15794 from the below example
(FI NY) nbswpsa52.ny.ficc.gs.com~ ->ps -ef | grep keepalive | grep -v keepaliveStub | grep -v swapback | grep -v grep
ficctprd 15794 1 0 13:12:58 ? 0:01 keepalive (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
What OS does not use PID=0? is it FreeBSD? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmajin
question: for the below program
i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid
why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086
but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two!
can someone comment on that!
#define DIM 8
int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan