10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
i got few questions...
1) What is the maximum number of files that we can save under a single directory in AIX ? (* we have enough storage/disk space)
2) And what is the maximum number of sub - directories in side a directory?
I know that...every directory is a (special)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
whats wrong with this addition?
Whats the maximum number of digits can be handled?
pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ let new+=const
pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ echo $new
pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
does any one know ,if there is any limitation on rm command
limitation referes here as a size .
Ex:when my script try to rum rm command which have size of nearly 20-22 GB ..CPU load gets high ?
if anyone know the relation of CPU load and limitation of rm command . (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteshagrawal06
4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
first, truth been told, I'm not even close to be advanced user. I'm posting here because maybe my question is complicated enough to need your expert help
I need to use awk (or nawk - I don't have gawk) to validate some files by computing the total sum for a large numeric variable.
It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cwitarsa
Is there a size limit when passing an argument using wildcards? I.E. when I pass an argument in the form (like) "ftp_auto *.txt" - is there a limitation on the size of UNIX expanding "*.txt" ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I am looking for a way to get around an issue, as I am using the grep command in a very common situation:
grep ^50 File.*.txt | "some awk process"
My problem is that bash throws me an error on the grep command if the directory in question contains several thousands files.
... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm having a problem with a while loop syntax that doesn't seem to loop correctly.
while read hostname
#for hostname in $(cat $CONFIG)
... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilberteu
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
Iam using an alias to get the file count from one directory using normal ls command like ls file*|wc -l.If my file increases more than 35,000 ,my alias is not working.It shows that arg list too long.
is that can be limitation of ls or problem in alias?
I would appreciate if anyone can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
Can anyone please clarify me the following questions:
1. Is there any file size limitation in HP-UX 11i, that I can able to create upto certain size of file (say 2 GB) and not more then that????
2. At max. how many files we can able to keep inside a folder????
3. How many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundeep_mohanty
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
i'm trying to use "find "command with "-size "option but i encounter 2gb file limitation.
Can you confirm this limitation ?
Is there a simple way to do the same thing ?
My command is :
<clazz01g-notes01>/base/base01 # find /base/base01 -name '*.nsf' -size +5242880000c -exec ls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol