10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hi Team ,
I wrote a shell script for adding and subtracting two numbers am getting error could some one please help to fix it
echo "Enter 1 to add:"
echo "Enter 2 to sub:"
echo "Enter 3 for both addition and subtraction :"
case "$ans" in
1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: knz
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
My employers would like me to selectively run one of several different (already-existing) Korn Shell menu-driven scripts out of the user's .profile file, depending on some yet-to-be-specified user critieria.
I've never done this kind of thing, but I have the existing scripts (among other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm a beginner at scripting and have been putting this script together over the past week. It's no where as polish as it could be. Any tips/suggestions on improving this script would be appreciate it. Every week, my team develops WAR files in tomcat on our test environment and moves them to our... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bouncer
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me write a shell script in Linux that backsup/restores data to anywhere I choose but it needs to be menu driven?
Thanks, I'm new to Linux/Unix but liking it so far...just hoping to get to grips with the scripts! :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicole
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
i'm confused what this means.
i was asked to design a menu or command line option driven script that reads out of a DB and displays info such as
read_data.pl -u <user> -e <event>
which would print commands run by <user>with the <event> in the db.
any suggestions? i've been using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
Write shell script using menu-driven approach to show various system configuration like
1) Currently logged user and his logname
2) Your current shell
3) Your home directory
4) Your current path setting
5) Your current working directory
6) Show Currently logged number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bboyjervis
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
am new to unix scrpiting..I need a Menu need to create using shell scrpting
if i press "f" need to add items for a file food items..
if i press "r" it need to move into ready and remove from food items
if i press "p" need to update a filed in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sasdua
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
How do I assign values to reference variables?
I am assigning a variable name to --> $user_var
Then I am trying to change its underlying variable value by
$((user_var))=$user_value .. its failing,,
Please let me know if there is a way to do this dynamically..
FileA.props... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
9. Homework & Coursework Questions
Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
1) Write a Menu Driven Shell Script which accepts1 to 5 options and performs the following actions for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaghya
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am attempting to create a shell script with the following capaciblities:
1. Listed options to choice from
2. Use to perform awk statements
3. Print a report with the awk results
My questions are
1. How do I select more than one file for option #5 and #6
2. How to I create an... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson