10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am loving this integer maths thing.
64 bit systems are certainly easier than 32 bit, but hey, I don't intend to leave out my fav' platform.
Using one of the 'Brothers' methods, URL inside the code.
# Brother's formula .
#... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore.
Here is what 's happening:
* I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
Need help on this. I need to increment a variable by 1 but retain as 2 characters.
I am using expr to do additions:
NEWSERIAL=`expr $SERIAL + 1`
$SERIAL can range from 01-99. After adding "1", I need the result to be 2 characters, eg: 02+1 = 03. By default expr will truncate the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vchee
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hi, I am trying to make a maths calculator that:
1. Prompts the user for a number.
2. Prompts the user for an operation (add, subtract, divide or multiply)
3. Prompts the user for a number.
4. Prompts the user for another operation (same as above) OR the option to get the result for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnthebaptist
5. IP Networking
This is rather a question from a "user" than from a sys admin, but I think this forum is apropriate for the question.
I have an adress with automatic email forwarding and for some senders (two hietherto), emails are bouncing. This has really created a lot of problems those two time so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carwe
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I've made a few scripts which using GDAL extract the value of a pixel within a given raster. The purpose is to work out the combine value of every pixel. I thought there may have been an easier way to do this but alas!
The code below extracts the pixel value at position X Y. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: StudentFitz
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm trying to write a while loop for a decimal value in tcsh which I know can't be done. Instead I want my increments to be one order of magnitude too large and then divide it by 10 when I use the variable. However, I don't know how to divide my variable and set it as another.
set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DFr0st
I installed AIX OS on customer sites.
but Only one site is too slow when I connected telnet, ftp..
Ping is too fast. but telnet and FTP is not connected..
of course i check the configuration file on aix but it's normal.
Do any Idea??
thanks in advance.
- Jun - (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve?
2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem?
Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
if input to the perl program is ' ( p * ((a+b) * (c+d))) + q ' it shuld give the output as ' pac + pad + pbc + pbd + q ' .can anyone suggest a way to do this ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anuj8584