10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have more than 1000 lines in text file which needs to be converted as UPPERCASE by adding _
Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to make a script which takes the number of argument, add those argument and gives output to the user, but I am not getting through...
Script that i am using is below :
for i in $@
I am executing the script as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
My question is: How to find out the shell of the shell script which we are running? I am writing a script, say f1.sh, as below:
echo "Sample script"
From the first line, we can say this script will run in ksh. But, how can we prove it? Can we print anything inside... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
Right, noob to shell scripting, playing a round for practice, wrote the following but it doesn't seem to work as expected, how could I fix/improve this script?
case $# in
echo Searching for $1 in '*';
find . -iname '*' 2>/dev/null | xargs grep "$1" -sl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pezmc
Mon but est de créer un script ksh ou commande aix permettant ceci.
J'ai un fichier .txt organisé par bloc d'informations, chaque bloc débute par 000 et ce comme suit :
.Mon but est d'ajouter une colonne en fin de chaque ligne afin... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainab2006
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am trying to write a shell script that should
1. Find files with name (ab030.txt,Ab030.TXT,AB030.TXT,ab030.TXT,AB030.txt)
2. If any of the above found, rename it to AB030.TXT
Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
Okie here is my problem,
1. I have a directory with a ton of files.
2. I want to first get an input on how many days ago the files were created.
3. I will take those files and put it into another file
4. Then I will take the last # from each line and subtract by 1 then diff the line from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigboizvince
8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I have a shell script (korn shell on aix) where I am giving find command with file options which are read from a configuration file. For some reason I am getting an error find: 0652-017. I have put set -x in the shell script and the command looks okay. If I cut it and paste it in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kodermanna
Ou puis je trouver les fichiers d'erreur (l'équivalent du errpt sous Aix) sous Sun Solaris ?
merci (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a directory which contains files with different kinds of extensions .everyday a file with .log gets added to it .i want to extract the file with .log extension which is created with todays date .
thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_samba2005