9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
Well, guys I saw a question about GOTO for Python.
So this gave me the inspiration to attempt a GOTO function for 'dash', (bash and ksh too).
Machine: MBP OSX 10.14.3, default bash terminal, calling '#!/usr/local/bin/dash'...
This is purely a fun project to see if it is possible in PURE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
echo "yes or no?"
case $ans in
echo "yes or no only"
#here, if the answer is not "Y" or "N", I want to go back to asking "yes or no?" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
my code does somthing like this:
sqlplus / | While read id
i = i+1
--connecting to sql and executing a Stored proc for 1st id
--checking for the status
status = $?
--need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RP09
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hi,I'm currently working on an dev environment that has no jobs to run the scripts.How can I manual run the scripts. on Unix?
---------- Post updated at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:43 AM ----------
Is it something like this....
... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonja
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
am new 2 dis unix world...
am in need of a unix manual...
cud sum1 pls post sum links 2 download it?>?>? :confused:
Danks in advance... ;) ;) ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundar_shankar
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
1) Can a script be made to ignore all signals.
2) Does the parent process always picks up the exit status of its children.
3) Can one program give rise to multiple processes.
4) Is a file is synonymous with a process.
5) Is the kill command only used to kill a running process. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yahoo14
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
Is there a Unix (Solaris v8 ksh) version of the old basic command gosub or goto? I've researched the return command, but can't identify the command to return from. I am not trying to return from a function. Can someone give me a basic understanding of this please? Thanks so much in advance for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gozer13
8. OS X (Apple)
Does anyone know were to go (web link please?) to learn the BACIS of UNIX in OS X, I would like to know a little more about unix (for the apple) but seem to get lost in all the wen sites, and idealy find a site where i could download a manual for the unix shell in OS X.
Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrianmoore
9. News, Links, Events and Announcements
Unix Manual (man page) pages in HTML
: More then 100 Commands found on a Unix system mannual pages can be obtained/refered here. Good Link.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: killerserv