10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a CSV file with hdfs directories, hive tables and hbase tables.
1. first column - hdfs directories
2. second column - hive tables
3. third column - hbase tables
I have to check the csv file and look for the first column and delete the hdfs directory from the hdfs path, now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamayam
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I wanted to load data from HDFS to HIVE by writing bash script.
I have written a bash script to validate the data and loaded validated data from local file system to HDFS. Now in the same bash script i wanted to load the data from HDFS to HIVE. How can i do it ? Also how tyhe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to write a bash script to delete the content after '#'. However, if '#' appears in a string with "", ignore this. For example,
"test #not delete"
"test #not delete"
Does anyone know how to write this script?
Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffwang66
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to automate some repacking tasks of a boot image for Android
When in command line, I can use this command:
mkbootfs /path/to/root > /path/to/ramdisk-recovery.cpio;However, if I try to run the command from a shell script under Ubuntu, it fails and outputs to stdout instead of the... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phil3759
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
Im trying to write a script using the host command but its not working properly. I cant understand what Im doing wrong. When I use it at the command prompt, it works fine. But its being used actually in the script, it says its not found: 2 SERVFAIL. Can anyone help me? Here's what I have so far: no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: relsha
6. Homework & Coursework Questions
Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
I have just gotten into writing bash scripts for a class, part of the assignment is to read and be able to tell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byrang
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to write a bash script to:
1. Send an email from localhost to an external gmail account. (gmail then automatically forwards the message back to a pop account on the same server.
2. Script waits 3 minutes then checks to see if the email arrived, and if not, it sends an email to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallyanne
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
Could anyone help me to Write a script in BASH Shell to determine the percentage of system disk space you are using. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boris
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm getting the following errors when I try to write a script to unzip some zip files. When I use the free trial copy of the commerical winzip program, however, they work fine. When I use -l or -t on unzip it indicates no errors. When I use the -o switch interactively from the bash command line it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried