9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have different things that I was trying to do but am kind of struggling with this since I'm a Linux noob. The backround is that I have two files with student names in the same directory, and each file lists the student name, their major and their grade level. What is the most efficient way to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tastybeer
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I entered a command at the prompt and it's interactive (not background). It gathers some stats and writes them to a file. I want to see this job running and what it's doing - I/O especially and maybe CPU and stuff. What can do to see this (say using a second session?)
I know it's a long job but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ido1957
My logadm.conf is below. Is there a way to match a log file that appends the time/date stamp after the log file? Also, a 0 is being appended onto the files I'm compressing and having rotated. Is there a way to fix that?
/var/apache/tomcat55/logs/catalina.out -C 30 -P 'Fri Jun 18 16:48:55... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
4. IP Networking
1) Is the MIB II table that can be accessed through the function m2IpRouteTblEntryGet() the same as the IP Routing table that the IP layer uses to do its routing work?
2) Is there a set of API functions, other than m2IpRouteTblEntryGet(), that are available to access entries in the IP Routing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nzeidat
Right now I am a Microfocus COBOL programmer, working on a HP-UX system. I want to now get Certified as a HP Certified Systems Administrator. I ordered a book from amazon and will start with it. I also will be working at my job with someone who applies the patches and things as we do NOT have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie21
6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I have configured apache 2.0.59 with mod_ssl to set up a proxy to my app server. Incomming traffic https outgoing http. The listen port for the ssl port is 8050 not 443. When I start the server and I test it i get an error message. I googled for it and found the following expaination.
... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elvis00
1) After I install a new kernel in Debian Sarge, it updates my menu.lst file for grub, but incorrectly. It assumes it should boot from partition hd0,0, but this is incorrect. How do I change this faulty assumption?
2) If grub fails to find a kernel, grub allows me to enter a path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akbar
Hi guys!! I was wondering if you can help me with a couple quick questions in order for me to understand it better... Any help would be appreciated and i would like to say thanks!! In advanced... Ok here goes... (I think these are pretty basic, but i just want to clarify)
1. What would be the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyoist
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a file as below.
Contents of the file are
bbbbbbbbbbb (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini75