10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
My following script is giving me problems, when the SIP trunk goes down and the telnet session is started and just when the command is about to complete the connection is closed then script restarts.
I have noticed that as soon the script types in "sys re" or "sys rebo" or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeetz
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I wanted to load data from HDFS to HIVE by writing bash script.
I have written a bash script to validate the data and loaded validated data from local file system to HDFS. Now in the same bash script i wanted to load the data from HDFS to HIVE. How can i do it ? Also how tyhe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to write a bash script to delete the content after '#'. However, if '#' appears in a string with "", ignore this. For example,
"test #not delete"
"test #not delete"
Does anyone know how to write this script?
Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffwang66
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to automate some repacking tasks of a boot image for Android
When in command line, I can use this command:
mkbootfs /path/to/root > /path/to/ramdisk-recovery.cpio;However, if I try to run the command from a shell script under Ubuntu, it fails and outputs to stdout instead of the... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phil3759
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
This is my sample code in /etc/httpd/conf.d/applications.conf file currently we are creating subdomain mannually for every new subdomain. I want to automate this process througs bash script , how its possible.
ServerAlias google.com... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
6. Homework & Coursework Questions
Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
I have just gotten into writing bash scripts for a class, part of the assignment is to read and be able to tell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byrang
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to write a bash script to:
1. Send an email from localhost to an external gmail account. (gmail then automatically forwards the message back to a pop account on the same server.
2. Script waits 3 minutes then checks to see if the email arrived, and if not, it sends an email to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallyanne
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Can anyone tell/guide me how to check remote host is up/running using bash script?
Zulfiqar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfikarmd
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
Could anyone help me to Write a script in BASH Shell to determine the percentage of system disk space you are using. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boris
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm getting the following errors when I try to write a script to unzip some zip files. When I use the free trial copy of the commerical winzip program, however, they work fine. When I use -l or -t on unzip it indicates no errors. When I use the -o switch interactively from the bash command line it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried